Lepin Branded Bricks?

12 Replies, 12718 Views

Hi Guys and Gals,

So we all know there are a bunch of companies out there on the Lego band-wagon, but one that caught my eye on a tv show the other day was a brand called 'Lepin' (I suppose they could have gone for Lega or something lol).

Anyway the main difference between Lepin and some of the other makers is that it seems Lepin don't really care that they are ripping off a Lego design and basically copy everything, box artwork and all only changing the Lego logo to Lepin.

But and here is the big question does anybody out there have any experience of Lepin bricks in terms of quality? In recent months I've been highly impressed with Ausini whose bricks are as close to Lego in quality as you'll get. However in the past I've had other sets by the likes of 'BlockTech' and others who were, well lets just say not as good as they could be.

So why my sudden interest? Well lets just say I've seen a Lepin set of a retired Lego set that I so want that I'm tempted to dive in even if the price of it is more than you usually pay for a 'clone' brick set Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I'm in a "other brick" group on facebook and apart from some missing pieces in peoples sets occasionaly they are usually very happy with the quality. Lepin and LELE are basically the same thing in my understanding as some people ordering lepin sets often receive the same set but LELE brand
Good to know, much though I prefer to buy the legit thing, in this case what I'm after is a retired set and I can get it for about 1/8th of the price of a sealed Lego version and 1/4 the price of a loose used version so it seems a no brainer.

Thanks UCWepn for the feedback Smile

If I get it I'll review it here...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Ucwepn
Ok, well here's the baby I bought, once built I'll let you know how it compares with a genuine Lego one Smile

[Image: zzEmeraldNight.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, ROKMAN1445, Ucwepn
You are right, almost exact copy of what a Lego box would look like. Is China the only country that allows this or are there others?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I think China is the only country that is allowing production of such things, although I also understand that Lego are currently sueing this company for their blatant copying of OOP Lego sets. Among others they do are things like the UCS range and the Creator buildings etc...

Personally I'm not madly over-happy about buying a clone/knock-off, but looking at the parts the quality seems to be pretty much the same as the Lego equivalent and frankly this is the only way I can afford to get this set as a new/sealed Lego one is anything between £350-500, this was way less... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
lepin are also known for making and selling copies of custom builds done by lego fans. have seen a couple of instances where someone has shared a build on eurobricks, and then its been spotted for sale in a lepin box, using the creators own photos. they must have some clever guys who can reverse build these sets, as in most cases the instructions and parts lists are not available for that exact reason.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels
Man, I thought that's what the set looked like, and then I realized that they probably copied it.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2017, 10:40 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Nigels
Take a guess which is made by Lego or by Lepin. Big Grin
one cost $299 USD the other(s) $125usd
You can definitely tell the differences through fitness.
sometimes they are tight or lose. But overall I would buy again, specially those large scale Star Wars Destroyers for a fraction of a cost.
[Image: 15843910.jpg]
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • Nigels, Super, Ucwepn
I know the green and the white are lepin Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, Super