Greatest score of my train collecting life!!!

26 Replies, 25115 Views

I currently have 2 Trackmaster Alfies, 3 Trackmaster Monty's and 3 Plarail Thumpers but none of those top owning 2 Completed sets of Good Westerns. The Good Westerns need a few parts replaced, in which I maybe calling on your guys help.
[-] The following 10 users Like Bkvir208's post:
  • , fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, PRRFanDoesTrainz, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
Congrats on the score! (If you don't mind me asking, where on earth did you get 3 Monty's? Pictures? Tongue )
[-] The following 1 user Likes StarSwitcher07's post:
  • MuddyPoppins

(05-13-2017, 07:58 PM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: Congrats on the score! (If you don't mind me asking, where on earth did you get 3 Monty's? Pictures? Tongue )

I bought 2 off eBay and I have NIB one I bought directly from a seller in Poland. One is pictured in my avatar.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bkvir208's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins
This IS the rarest of all Tomy trains!!
There is literally NO information about its 2000 release anywhere...Only Geris and myself other than you have ever held one in hand!!
The Yoshitsune is the Stradivarius of Tomy trains...
But The Good Western is identical in every way, and cast and constructed from the same molds, EXCEPT RED is used as its base plastic...
The Good Western IS (if you've ever seen the movie), "The Red Violin" of the Tomy train world.
It is the rarest train known to exist...hands down, bar NONE! It can't be sought out and bought, and it's not listed in Tomy catalogs, or included in any Tomy history or literature.
You can't look for this needle in any haystack either, rather, only be lucky enough to be stuck by it!!
There are now only 4 known to exist...
...and you have 2 of them.
Congratulations!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Miksolo, ripley802
Thanks Muddy, I remember in your 100th video you stated you only knew of two that existed, and even googling this particular train, nothing comes up. When I seen these, I knew I stumbled upon a gem. Even in their not so perfect condition, they were a must have.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2017, 10:46 PM by Super.)
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
Very nice Bkvir

Did you also get the boxes for the Good Westerns? Do they run on the tracks and more importantly do they make it up hills? Let me know if you need any parts as I may have some.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(05-13-2017, 10:48 PM)Super Wrote: Very nice Bkvir

Did you also get the boxes for the Good Westerns? Do they run on the tracks and more importantly do they make it up hills? Let me know if you need any parts as I may have some.

Unfortunately they didn't come with boxes, only one of the Good Westerns runs, I may need some of Ripley services. I'll post a list and picture of the parts I need, and anyone that can help, PM me and I'll be glad to work something out
[-] The following 3 users Like Bkvir208's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super
Awesome score. For some reason I was thinking in that initial picture these were the red Disney trains but I can see they are far more rare. I would be more than happy to assist if I can. I will be on the look out for you on the yellow side rods. Did they have their battery covers too?
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(05-14-2017, 01:15 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Awesome score. For some reason I was thinking in that initial picture these were the red Disney trains but I can see they are far more rare. I would be more than happy to assist if I can. I will be on the look out for you on the yellow side rods. Did they have their battery covers too?

Thanks Ripley, I'm missing one of the battery covers. I'll definitely be reaching out to you.
  • ripley802, Super
(05-14-2017, 01:15 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Awesome score. For some reason I was thinking in that initial picture these were the red Disney trains but I can see they are far more rare.

That brings up a good point...maybe a battery cover from one of the two releases of the red Disney Western River Railroad trains would be a color match and of course much easier to find. Question is, do these covers use a screw or just held on by friction?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins