Interesting Clear Train

25 Replies, 20340 Views

This listing seems to imply that this special clear multi colored E5 Series Shinkansen train was a Prize at a 2017 Shinkansen Festival. The box style looks similar to the Plarail Clubs special releases. I find it interesting that they were able to dye the clear plastic in different colors especially that thin pink stripe unless that is paint. Wonder how many of these were made and how rare they will be. There is a Reserve on this listing so I am curious if, and how much, the price will go up which should give us a better idea of what they think of it in Japan.
http://www.jauce.com/auction/k254478176

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • grodriguez, mod thana, ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin
Odd that it says it is from the 2017 festival. I have seen these it seems for some time now but maybe there is a slight difference. I have bid on a few but they typically go for upwards of 4500-6000¥ from what I have seen. I am use to seeing the plain whole box like in the other picture though. There is a clear/translucent Dr. Yellow one too I believe although that one comes in a nice marked box.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Then maybe it isn't so special. Maybe its the rendering or lighting in that manufacturers picture that makes it look different to me than the others. One thing for sure the bidding has jumped from the starting price of 1000yen to 5800 yen in a matter of hours and must have surpassed the Reserve price. Maybe if someone could translate what the box says would tell us more? Isn't the Dr Yellow clear one all the same color or is their some differences?

Here is the Dr Yellow one:

[Image: happyf1jp-img469x586-1494725278cevcad30013.jpg]

Same style box as well:
[Image: happyf1jp-img550x421-1494725278orjtqg30013.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Would like to take a closer look at that E5 to see if the green and clear parts are made separate and glued together or they somehow were able to create the two translucent colors (clear as a color) on the same shell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
Here is another one listed titled "Plarail 2017 "Shinkansen festival" Speed lottery prize (not for sale)" http://www.jauce.com/auction/w180233559
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
I have seen other listings of this train for sale that were accompanied with a "campaign of the lucky draw" certificate of authenticity, like the one that came with the Gold Thomas.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 01:20 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
For the Dr Yellow or the E5 Muddy?
  • MuddyPoppins
(05-18-2017, 01:01 PM)Super Wrote: For the Dr Yellow or the E5 Muddy?

I think it was the Dr. Yellow that came w/ a certificate...
Sunhuntin had sent me a link a while back, but I was too late to see it and the auction had already ended.
I have seen the certificate since then accompanying other white box specials though.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Here is a clear Limited Edition release of the 300 Series Shinkansen that I have seen before but never really took a closer look. Notice something different that is not seen in any other Plarail train (that I know of)?

• MuddyPoppins