super, you might like this layout

6 Replies, 5189 Views

just a quick shot of my set up from todays club open day. i actually forgot my camera, so credit for this goes to my friend, kylie.

i decided on a disney scene after remembering the 4 Cars buildings, plus with the 3rd movie being released yesterday. i ran a mix of trains, including buzz and minnie, star wars, mickey western train and toy story aliens.

i decorated with disney infinity figs, diecast cars, crossy road figs and a few other odds and ends. the central rocket is a toy story aliens "kerplunk" game. i placed an LED acrylic xmas tree inside, and then a clear plastic bag to disguise that a bit and spread the light out.

[Image: 19451882_10212004633084455_1952173914_o.jpg]

the cars buildings all have light up "neon" signage, which is a nice touch. they can be bought on ebay for much less than i originally paid 10 years ago. each takes 3 AAA batteries.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 5 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, mod thana, Nigels, ripley802, Super
Beautiful and brilliant idea with lighting up the Rocket Ship which was equally brilliant in using it for the Layout. The 'Cars' buildings are awesome, would love to see them lit up. Are they Lego? Great job Sun, bet it will be a big hit with the children...and adults too. Good luck with your Clubs Open House and thanks for sharing Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana
It looks great!! The rocket is my favorite part. What a neat idea to make it light up. Nice job!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ksthomas209's post:
  • Super
Great layout, the green track works awesomely as well, just fits in, I'm curious about the buildings too, any chance of some close up shots of them at some point? Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
thanks, guys. the buildings are plastic and designed to go with the 1:55 diecast cars. i got a few comments from the guys that they fit in nicely, scale wise.

i will do something similar for our big show in september, but on a grander scale.

everything is still out at the club, but will get photos once i bring them home.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Cool. I got a whole bunch of the diecast cars from cars & cars 2, picked up my first one from cars 3 on Friday - said I wasn't going to get anymore, but there are some lovely race cars in the new set Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Thanks Sunhuntin, those buildings look awesome close up in the videos
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]