face changing gordon

9 Replies, 8017 Views
Thread Closed 

if there are any members here tht think this train does not exist. i would encourage you to express caution.

i do not like to indulge in fantasy. i search far and wide. every avenue, every lead.

i cannot prove this train does exist! however, i came very, very close to proving it all the same.

tht is to say tht it was up for auction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor369's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
do you have the link to this auction?
Indeed pictures of this item or a link to the ended auction would be "golden."
Now I remember who you were. Dodgy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
(08-06-2017, 09:49 PM)trevor369 Wrote: if there are any members here tht think this train does not exist. i would encourage you to express caution.

i do not like to indulge in fantasy. i search far and wide. every avenue, every lead.

i cannot prove this train does exist! however, i came very, very close to proving it all the same.

tht is to say tht it was up for auction.

Yes a flipface Grodon was pictured on the backside artwork of another box quite a few years ago...I don't remember what the particular mercandise it was though...Jdogman would remember though! It has been discussed on threads here before. It was never released to market, but the fact that it is shown in the box photo means at least one, possibly a prototype, DOES exist.
Sorry you were unable to procure it... It would have been a one/once in a lifetime score!'
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Here is the thread about it which has some more info on it. Yes it was a prototype and was never released.
https://www.blueplastictracks.com/showth...ace+Gordon
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Ucwepn
Would the reverse face have been an angry/Powerful Gordon? That would have been pretty cool. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92
i dont have too much time. i have a family and there is alot going on in my life right now.

but i have a story too share and some information tht might helpful/useful.

it was an estate sale. a friend told me about it some months ago. although he speaks some japanese its very broken but enough to get by. the daughter or wife was doing the sale. her husband or father worked for tomy. my friend said there might be some things there.
although there were many things there. there were a few toys. they were all on a wall with various things. transformers, g-force, speedracer. but 1 stood out (to me anyways)

in a glass case. on strip of track was this gordon. the track wasn't blue, or plastic. i dont know what gauge it was. i don't know that stuff. however, the train was clearly not a train made for that kind of track. it was larger than those models. it was clearly a plarail. it looked strangely familiar.

my friend tried asking questions about it. she said it was an award, trophy, medal. we asked how many made. 20 30 she said. but she implied that it wasnt motorized. no motor. but wasnt sure. on the bottom of the piece was a switch that made the face flip. the otherside was gordon winking.

here is my theory which i've researched before. the face changing gordon was a award to executives. its non-operational. it doesnt run. which is maybe why its eluded me this long.
how would one list a piece like this? it sold for 4200

thts the closest i've come to tht train.

10yrs ago when i first started learning about these toys. i came across a similar piece on ebay. they called it a trackmaster. it also was in a case. but didnt pay any attention to it because of the track. i just thought they were misrepresenting. however, they claimed it was battery operated.

you decide
[-] The following 2 users Like trevor369's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
We're gonna need some pictures for these claims to be backed up
[-] The following 7 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
(08-07-2017, 09:56 PM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: We're gonna need some pictures for these claims to be backed up

Idk...I was pondering Trevor's story most of the day, and I must say that the part about the "flip" side of the face having a winking eye is a great detail that makes it seem very believable. Also the part that it may or may not have been motorized could also make sense if it was tender-less, as Gordon's batteries would be contained therein.
...AND none of the flipface's pictured in the above link provided by Tharazero1, (Percy, Gordon, Toby) were ever release in their forms that are shown.
Percy was recalled(don't know if it was identical) , Gordon was never released, and though a Flipface Toby did actually get produced and released, it is different from the model shown.
Flipface Toby at the coppermine set has an attached blue cargo car, so who really knows considering we are trying to make sense of, and speculate about, one of the most unorganized companies, with some of the most rediculous business practices in the world!! (FisherPrice)
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, Ucwepn