A First For Me - Britt Allcroft

7 Replies, 7442 Views

This came in my latest shipment from Japan. What is this? Its not really a Coach as the sides only have one door towards one end and there aren't windows all the way around. It almost looks that a brake van or something. Its a first for me seeing the "Britt Allcroft Limited 1999" emblazoned under the chassis or at least the first that I remember noticing. Other notable features, the front and rear details are different and.....did you notice there is a hook on both ends? Is this something special?

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

[Image: 006.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails, Tharazero1, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
I've seen that coach with Splatter and Dodge, and a green one with the Scots w/ their plows. The one with the Scots was part of a playset I think. No idea why they did it with Splodge

Also can I haz? :p
[-] The following 3 users Like WoodWheel92's post:
  • ripley802, Super, Ucwepn
IIRC, that was the "in between" coach that came with a set of powered Splatter and Dodge. I think that was before HIT Entertainment was the primary producer/distributor of Thomas and Friends. That would place it in the era before the HIT Toys version of Trackmaster and around the time of "Thomas and the Magic Railway".

EDIT: WoodWheel92 beat me to the explanation!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Super, Ucwepn
Thanks fellows. With your help I see that Ucwepn did an unboxing way back in 2012, His box said Hit with no Britt Allcroft Logo like I have seen on some old boxes.

@WoodWheel, if you are serious send me a PM.

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Ucwepn
Guessing the reason it says Britt allcroft on the bottom is because it is an early release of splatter and dodge. In Japan splatter and dodge where released in the first form of packaging without the item numbers e.g ts-01
[Image: latest?cb=20120701004334]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Ucwepn
Yes it's the works unit that goes inbetween Dodge and Splatter, released as part of the Magic Railroad series.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, Ucwepn
Geesh...now I am noticing lots of stuff that recently came from Japan with the Britt Allcroft Logo on the bottom. I think that it is just me and I haven't been paying attention...I am just not aware I guess. A real collector would have noticed, a hoarder would not. Blush
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1, Ucwepn
(08-20-2017, 10:54 AM)Super Wrote: Geesh...now I am noticing lots of stuff that recently came from Japan with the Britt Allcroft Logo on the bottom. I think that it is just me and I haven't been paying attention...I am just not aware I guess. A real collector would have noticed, a hoarder would not. Blush

Guessing that the owner in Japan got his trains all in the late 90's early 2000's. That was when Britt Allcroft still had the licensing rights to Thomas and Friends so that could be why so many of your trains and rolling stock have the Britt allcroft licensing. Trust me, that's not hoarding, your not that familiar with the plarail Thomas, we are always here to help
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Ucwepn