a few stupid questions

20 Replies, 22427 Views
Thread Closed 

to all, i apologize for my ignorance. i am completely new to these kinds of toys.
before coming here, i have never heard of the term "plarail advance"

with that said.. stupid question #1: what is plarail advance?

when i'm looking at toys.. there is no title, on the box, that says plarail advance.
is this a term that was conjured up here on bpt?
No, it's another series by Plarail; its gauge is the space where the train wheels are on the normal one. So each piece of normal track can have two lines of trains running on it. That means that some pieces of track like switches needed to be redesigned as well as the trains which are smaller. I don't quite know about the name, but I remember the name was also made by Plarail. The trains usually go by AS-xx and the tracks AR-xx or something like that, but sadly I think it has been discontinued from what I read on BPT.
More and more...Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes NWRMainLineTerminal's post:
  • Super
What might help you learn what Plarail Advance trains are is if you browse the other Threads in this Forum where others are talking about them and there are video Links also.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
to: nwr,
so the axles are smaller?
redesigned? your not talking modifications now. are you?

to: super: i did browse. i like what i see. but all of these toys seem to run on blue tracks.
what makes them different?
what makes them different from plarail to plarail advance?

are you telling me that a plarail thomas train wont run.. on plarail advance? because of the gauge?

help me learn

are plarail advance compatible with plarail?

i tell you what.. i love destination pieces.
to those fluent in this genre... pick 3 sets. your top 3 must haves. and in a few short words (if possible) why

show me. i am a blank piece of paper... surrounded by fountain pens.

let me see
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 10:10 PM by trevor369.)
This video from a Member here shows it all...

Plarail advance is basically a third or a quarter the size of the normal Plarail trains. Search on Google for an image where they show the AS trains on the track: this track is the same track (for most sections such as straights and curves) as the normal blue track. There might not even be axles but rather, small rollers (?) (not sure, as I don't have any), so asking if they're smaller may be out of the question. As for redesign, I was referring to track switches and stations. Again, just search up AR-04 or 05 on Google and you'll find some new track switches; these are the same size as the normal R-11 and R-13. The two ranges can share tracks as evident in this video: Tomy Plarail vs Plarail Advance Trains - Size Difference - Trackmaster プラレール https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGSt9AnBxc

Wow same videos
More and more...Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 10:19 PM by NWRMainLineTerminal.)
nice video. learning more.
but! destination pieces...
i'm sure there are destination pieces designated to this line...
are they compatible?
for example: i've seen some nice "train stations" in this genre.

can both trains run on them?

i have a motor road & rail knapford station.
can plarail advance trains run on this?
logic tells me yes.correct me if i'm wrong

but more importantly... if one were to show me a destination piece designed for plarail advance trains..

can plarail trains accommodate these wonderful destinations that i've seen in this forum?
You will find everything there is for Plarail Advance listed here http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/2565/0/1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  •
everything? even pieces, trains, train sets,train destinations, variations on the theme?
throughout history? as applied to this genre?
This has only been around since 2011, so there's not as much as the normal one which started in 1959. And yes, there are sets, trains, tracks, and "destinations" (mostly stations, because realism for the advance range).
More and more...Big Grin