Info on this?

9 Replies, 6776 Views

Can anyone please tell me a bit more about these S-51 ?510 Trolley??...it's seems to be a tough one to search for for some reason?
Thank you!Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails
Try this Meitetsu Mo Series 510 https://www.blueplastictracks.com/showth...Series+510
It is a beautiful Model that is highly detailed. If you are after one, Geris gave me some good advice to stay away from the used ones as they have a tendency to have the red paint chipping or scratching and its white underneath so its best to get a new, in the box one.

It is in Ripley's Plarail Catalogs collection 2004 -2005 page 7 https://www.blueplastictracks.com/attach...p?aid=2131 all the way through the 2008 - 2009 Catalogs. I was always curious as to why it is somewhat rarer when it was available retail for 4 or 5 years.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
I can tell you that I wish I had one! Confused

I love streetcars and I used to ride them quite a bit when I lived in New Orleans years ago. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I believ that this model is the closest any of the Plarail Trolley types come to the old ones found in the States. The style is what attracted me to get a hold of mine. I have sold a couple on Ebay also.

[Image: 510tetunisi.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Super what is a good average price for one bnib? You can PM me if it is inappropriate to discuss?
I really can't even remember what I paid for the 2 sets I had new in the box Muddy its been so long so I really could say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
2009 was a while ago Super, if it has been out of print for 8 years, while 8 years of new collectors and enthusiasts have come along, there would definitely be a shortage, especially for such a unique and beautiful model.
  • Super
the box is in very great condition.
i too have looked at this train. its very attractive.
so we are on the same page.
i say get it, but knowing you... you already have.

you have to understand...
i'm not trying to be rude. i know that text has a tendency to come across crude.
but if you are talking about imports from japan.. which this clearly is...
the bar is... any train, any train.... bnib, that is around 10 yrs old...= 50 usd.
that is on the low end.
the question is...
when you get it... will you open it?
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 09:38 PM by trevor369.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor369's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes Trevor we will most definiatly open it and run it often once it arrives!! Smile
  • Super
Since it is a standard release model and it’s not a special model it wouldn’t be worth that much, I’m sure you’ll find one on Jause and other auctions easily NIB for a low price
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins