Something New For December?????

9 Replies, 7659 Views

Possible Toys R Us Exclusive??? This video shows the Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 Toys R Us Catalog which looks like its from Hong Kong shows a Plarail train described as "PLARAIL Heavyly Derived Port Authority Train M TRAIN" The ad says The MTR Passenger Train and comes by itself in a three piece unit or a Deluxe Set with track and accessories. That set looks odd as it looks like the Elevated Loop is not connected to the lower Loop. The ad also states "Arriving Early Dec". Wish I knew what she was saying. Could this not only be a Toys R Us Exclusive but also exclusive only in Hong Kong Stores? Also is this a re-release of the 1998 Basic Set?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK7rsIQYdw

[Image: bdsa.jpg]

Old Release
[Image: 105112.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • , mod thana, ripley802, Tharazero1
Exclusive Hong Kong set.

Not sure what the 1998 Basic Set looks like but it is a new Hong Kong MTR set.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • , Super
Thanks Plarnold. I included a photo and video of the MTR 1998 Basic Set above
This looks great, especially the grey track. And with the deluxe set the top loop is disconnected from the lower loop

This set is just a complete re-skin of the 1998 version that came before it.
[Image: 133422_14058271.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
I see they the original Basic set had another set released at the same time that is almost exactly like this new one except it had a grey siding garage which are very nice. It looks like these originals were only sold at one place in the world, the MTR Admiralty Station Shop which I would assume make them hard to find. Wonder how long and how many were made if this is truly a Toys R Use Exclusive in Hong Kong. How many TRU stores could there be in Hong Kong anyway?

[Image: 133422_14058271.jpg]
Wow, to be able to open the Toys R Us catalog and see Plarail items....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Remind me of the last time that was again?
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Super
Wouldn't that be nice to see Plarail in a USA Toys R Us Catalog. However my guess is that we will never see that again as it's quite possible that Fisher Prices deal with Toys R Us here in the States may prevent that to give them exclusive rights. I also believe the opposite is true in Asia where Plarails deal is similar but prevents Trackmaster there. Of course this is based on no proof on my part just my opinion. It also looks like there are different deals in different country's in Asia. In this case only the Hong Kong Toys R Us will have these quite like the Toys R Us Japan were the only ones selling the original green Thomas and Black James set a while back.
Nice looking set there Super Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Super,

In the video she said that Plarail will release 2 sets. One set consists of the train only and the other set consists of the MTR Delux set.

She said she went to several Toy R US shops in Hong kong and they are not in stock till early December . TShe encourages people to purchase these items on the official MTR fan club (usually cheaper than Toy R US). She said the Delux set shouldn't be Toy R US exclusive.

The offical MTR Fan club website in English:
https://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/club/index.php
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 02:09 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super