TOMY Fleet Restoration Log.

2 Replies, 2765 Views

Hi guys this is just a thread where I can document the gradual restoration of my entire TOMY collection, including rolling stock. This is a monumental undertaking as my oldest model is 25 years old, according to the 1992 moulding on the chassis.

As you will already know, through the 'What did you do to your trains today?' thread, Cranky and Lady are already running again, with many more awaiting various components ranging from new driving axles and couplings through to a complete overhaul.

My biggest challenge will probably be a TOMY Mighty Mac that I have, particularly the coach he comes with. While filing the corrosion from the battery terminals, I snapped a battery terminal off from underneath the battery bay.

Once I obtain a triangular head screwdriver. All that remains is to re-solder the connections, and seal the deal with copper tape, filing the resulting lump down if necessary. If this works, the next stage will be repainting some of the places where the paint has come off, like the roof of Mighty Mac and one side of his carriage. (Don't ask me how only one side looks played with. I don't know!) I will post pictures of his current state in a future video, and document his restoration here.

Hope this thread lives on until the fleet is completely restored and running again!
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 2 users Like Chrizzly's post:
  • Super, WoodWheel92
Good luck with your restorations.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Chrizzly, MuddyPoppins
triangular screw drivers are available on ebay.
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Chrizzly, Super