Help on getting an engine?

6 Replies, 5448 Views

Hi. I'm new to the site. I have a Plarail Toreiyu Shinkansen (Series E3). Unfortunately, the engine isn't working. This one was pretty hard to get. I could take the same engine part for a different train if I had to. Can I just buy the engine part somewhere?
Thanks!
[Image: IMG_5333.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5334.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shimakaze's post:
  • Tharazero1
you could just buy another train because i'm pretty sure all the chassis and motors are the same so their interchangeable. I would just buy an e5 series shinkansen and use the chassis from that
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017, 12:16 AM by Super.)
I haven't seen anyone have any trouble with the new Plarail chassis and motor so I am curious, Whats wrong with it? You may easily fix it yourself.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes, the newer chassis do seem better. For whatever reason, it simply doesn't work when I turn the switch on. I've replaced battery, etc. Bummer!
Take the drive unit apart and see if the contacts that need to touch the switch are close enough and apply enough pressure for the current to flow. If these are loosely or not touching at all the circuit wont be complete and the train won't run. This is common with TMR but it may also be the case for your E3.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
If its not working what is it going to hurt by taking it apart to try and fix it? It may be something simple like Chrizzly says. Thats how we all got started into repairing these trains. There is not much to them, just snap a picture after every part you take off. That way it will be easy to reassemble.

Of the several newer Plarail trains that I have, I haven't had the need to disassemble one yet. I know he has had the Trackmaster II chassis apart but didn't Ucwepn have one of these new Plarails apart in a video? Maybe a member knows of a YouTube repair video of one of these.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks for all the advice. I do wish Plarail would sell chassis at their stores, etc. Been to the one in Tokyo but there's not much to repairing or replacing pieces.