My Polly 5 loco newly painted and running

19 Replies, 24203 Views

Hi there
I have a 5inch gauge loco called Grubscrew (its a long story),she has recently been out shopped in a fetching black
See her here on YouTube, running on my club track in South Wales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzFvHxxqEw
Or search Grubscrew polly 5 loco
[-] The following 3 users Like Penybontshed's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super, Tramp
Great loco, have you got any photos? Although videos are great I think you miss a lot of detail from them! What train is your loco based on and tell us a little more about your club!
Grubscrew is Awesome

What a great hobby. Did you build her yourself? Do you have any videos or pictures showing more of her, wide angle shots. She is scary fast before the rebuild in this video.

Looks like you also completed some repairs before the rebuild as you aren't getting a shower in the newly painted version. And what a great paint job. Thanks for sharing this, just fantastic.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I have more photos and will join Photobucket(?) to facilitate upload.
The shower was due to high speed and a full tank and the by pass valve being open the water circulates rather than being pumped into the boiler. I belong to a club here in Bridgend, south wales.
Here's the website. http://www.bridgendminiaturerailway.com/index.html
That high speed run was fast, and she threw a crankpin on my next outing, so a more steady speed has been my style since.
What a fantastic fun place Penybontshed and getting quite bigger. Great web site too. Why is it that Grubscreww rides on elevated tracks? Is it because passengers need the height to dangle their feet? Here are a couple of pictures of Grubscrew taken from The Bridgewater Miniature Railway site...just beautiful.

[Image: 3826602_orig_zps489bcfaf.jpg]

[Image: 921294_zpscdb6d13f.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Man! I need to win the Lottery!

Evan and I would love this going inside and outside a house !hahah!
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
very impressive model!
Amazing!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
She can run on ground level, but on open days we need to keep it clear for bigger trains with more capacity. We get very busy!
Despite only pulling three or so passengers, I tend to be steaming and pulling passengers pretty much non stop for the whole session of 4 hours. Looks much better now doesn't she!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Penybontshed's post:
  • Super
(06-03-2014, 06:50 PM)Penybontshed Wrote: Looks much better now doesn't she!!
Oh yes...she is a beauty! [Image: happy-clap.gif]

Is that an original factory color?