My setup (like Tomica Town w/Plarail)

9 Replies, 8109 Views

Here's the current setup.
I like Tomica Town stuff combined with Plarail
stuff. It does take up more space but personally reminds me more of Japan. At the Toyota Museum (Nagoya) and obscure places (top of this cable car ropeway center near Mt Fuji), they'll have Tomica Town and Plarail setups with old stuff!! It's fun to see the old trains and buildings!
[Image: IMG_5383.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5384.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5385.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5386.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5387.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Shimakaze's post:
  • ActionChugger, Cloudman, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super
I am liking the town Shimakaze.

What...no Pizza Parlor or McDonalds? You have a lot of nice Tomica vehicles to. Do you have more? Any rare ones?

I don't see any of the newer buildings released, have any?

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
The Pizza Parlor I haven't seen in a while and that and the McDonald's are expensive! I do have the old McDonald's delivery truck. Oldest one I have is Yoshinoya but I can't stand how the old Tomica Town doesn't connect with more modern stuff!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shimakaze's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Geesh...it wasn't that long ago and I saw the Pizza shops all over the place. And for the McDonalds one, that is a rare one as you don't see that too often. Neither do you see the McDonalds that goes with the motorized Tomy Tracks and cars. (pic below). I just recently picked up 2 of the Toys R Us trucks which is probably the only ones we have that are hard to find. I have been after a motorized McDonalds that you don't see too often for a good price and in good condition.

[Image: mcdonalds_b.jpg] [Image: image.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg] [Image: 131988477149_1.jpg] [Image: tomica_pizza.jpg] [Image: 006.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
I have seen that pizza one a few times!
There's a Japanese one (Pizza LA I believe) that I haven't seen in a long time!

McDonald's one in the pictures look awesome!
[-] The following 2 users Like Shimakaze's post:
  • ripley802, Super
With a little further research I have discovered many of the Tomica Town McDonalds on the Japan Auctions from between 4000yen used to 39800yen new. I also see the other Tomica Pizza-La that comes with 2 neat delivery scooters starting new at around $176 and up.
I have this truck
[Image: IMG_5392.jpg]
  • Super
Is it rarer because of its age and the wheels? I don't think I have seen them in that configuration before
I have no idea on the truck. I get it on eBay from a Japanese buyer a while ago. (No box). It's got Tomica and the bottom and dated 1996.
  • Super
This is your fault Shimakaze

[Image: 003.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, Off The Rails