Got my first close up view of.........

10 Replies, 12313 Views

Was out birthday shopping today, (not for me but...) I was at Toys-R-Us and got my first close up view of Porter and I was impressed with his size and detail. So I picked him up for $14.99 but I still had a $10 gift card from some promotional thing Toys-R-Us was running last Xmas so for $4.99 I think it was worth it. The trucks and cargo will be a nice addition to the layout but big Mr. Porter will be spending some time in the Mod Chop Shop for some changes and defacing.

[Image: 003_zpsce71f622.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, thehsvdude
I have this one , I love it personally, just don't like the Unpainted buffers
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Super
(06-02-2014, 08:50 PM)Trackmaster-Rail-Yard Wrote: I have this one , I love it personally, just don't like the Unpainted buffers

The boys in the Mod Chop Shop are already working on that idea my friend.
(06-02-2014, 09:00 PM)Super Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 08:50 PM)Trackmaster-Rail-Yard Wrote: I have this one , I love it personally, just don't like the Unpainted buffers

The boys in the Mod Chop Shop are already working on that idea my friend.
Thank goodness
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Super
Well I must say that Porter is an excellent runner and very quiet. Nicely built I must say. The first thing I did after opening the box was switch out those horrible wheels with the holes in them on the gondola car. I really dislike altering a product to fit the package when it should be the other way around. I had an old Tomy one in my To Sell box I could switch wheels with. I was very surprised to see a triangle screw on the bottom and two Philips head screws holding the wheel holder inside unlike the Tomy that has a snap in holder with the center screw holding it all together. Might have to see if I can swap out Porters holey wheels with maybe some black non holey ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
Good buy! they are over twice the price here Sad If the front wheels are split axles changing them out will be very difficult without doing damage to the chassis. I'm not even sure how they are held in to be honest.
oops...you are right Ucwepn, horrible holes and split axle.
I agree , but I still love the model. I think they did ok. It's still fun to run Smile
(06-03-2014, 12:16 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Good buy! they are over twice the price here Sad If the front wheels are split axles changing them out will be very difficult without doing damage to the chassis. I'm not even sure how they are held in to be honest.

The half-axles have rungs on them, and are pushed into the plastic, which has been molded to make a snug fit, preventing them from being removed by children, even when the model is disassembled. I don't think it's glued in, as the half-axles are already very stiff when inserted by the machine. It's a pain to remove them, and even more of a pain to put them back inside the chassis.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

I wonder how it turns outTongue
clever,cheerful,confident. come on! It's emily!