2018 Plarail Expo Osaka Japan

20 Replies, 19076 Views

Whaaaat???

Has the Plarail Expo 2018 started already in Osaka?

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, ripley802
Wow.. those look awesome..
The first one doesn't look motorized.

Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this Expo? Are there any new Event Exclusive releases or new free with admission items?
Holy cow! I can’t imagine the work that went in to those trains.
Apparently it has! I know there will be Shinkalion E5 meet and greets in addition to the DXS 03 being shown off.
The new stuff starts at the 37:40 minute mark and shows a closeup of the Merlin & Thomas set but suriously not Hurricane unless this person didn't film it. It also show a set we have not heard of before...the Super Speed Dr Yellow set. Can someone translate what this set does?

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails, ripley802
I think it might function like one of the old Brio trains, where it would look for a chip inside a special piece of track and say speed up or blow the horn.

Also - Shinka Gear! Big Grin

EDIT: Just looked, and that's just it. Red Track makes it go fast, green makes it go slow.
[-] The following 3 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802, Super
(01-02-2018, 04:34 AM)Trainfanz Wrote: Just looked, and that's just it. Red Track makes it go fast, green makes it go slow.

Thanks Tfanz

So all that little controller does is basically acts as a switch point with the big handle switching tracks?
It seems so, from what I can tell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
Hmmm.... The first Thomas layout is really intriguing. That’s the look I want for the layout I’m working on. It’s neither highly realistic nor deliberately toy-like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super