New Stuff!

10 Replies, 13520 Views

Received these two packs from a USA seller on Ebay. We like the Tomica/Matchbox/Hotwheels cars and trucks and can never have too many. We also didn't have any of these Plakids in or massive collection.

Policeman with mustache & sunglasses
Construction worker with overalls & Googles
Medical worker
And Abe Lincoln because we wanted to be like Gerisplarail1 Big Grin

[Image: 009_zps274c0c0a.jpg]

[Image: 008_zps449c0125.jpg]

Like Gerisplarail, we also received a big box of stuff from Japan yesterday. Whole bunch of uninteresting odds and ends and this 4 unit Tomy Storage Garage. I have to tell you that I was quite surprised as I thought these things would not weigh much more that a large plastic storage box...Was I wrong. So wrong as to question Japamart when they sent me the bill for shipping. It was very high and they had made a 10 pound mistake before when they included someone elses huge purchase with mine. They completely reimbursed me for that mistake and paid for the return shipping which was quite a lot. They lost money on that deal. These units are made of sturdy, heavy duty plastic and the whole 4 drawer unit, by itself, weighs in at 11.5 pounds...wow. Great construction though and should last a long time. So be forewarned if you are looking into these.

[Image: 001_zps09ad1e94.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard, Ucwepn
Fantastic and you got the one with the beard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
I always wanted those yellow storage/garages but I knew about the weight issue. really insane about the 10 pound weight issue that is quite a big mistake for Jauce to make! At least it is all fixed, and glad to see you have Abe in your Plakid family!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
I was one of those large monorail sets with the big train engine station like Sunhuntin bought plus it had additional items inside. I was tempted to tell them (Japamart not Jauce) if they want to cut their losses to just refund their buyer and I would keep the item and pay for the shipping but didn't. As it was, they refunded me my overpayment on shipping $125 then paid me another $125 to ship the item back to them. So thats a $250 loss for them.

Yes, I was surprised to see a set with the Abe in it available here in the States so I was happy to grab both these from the same seller.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, thehsvdude
awesome Tomica car's Didn't even know they made them
[-] The following 2 users Like thehsvdude's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
I think these cars are part of the Hypercity line. They are quite detailed. The inside of the ambulance is amazing with paramedics cabinets, a patient bed, chair and the opening hatch back rear door, they really do a nice job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
good stuff, super! pleased you got abe [boy, geris is good at getting others to spend money, lol. he has all the good stuff that we want, hehe]

if you get a chance, can you please post photos of the storage boxes open etc. always wondered how they with, with the tracks etc. well done.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Nice tomica cars, good like the engines !
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Wow Super yeah they would have been better off just having you keep the set they sent by mistake! The cars are Hypercity my brother bought me all 5 of these vehicle plakid 2 packs he found them for sale at a gas station in Rosendale, Wisconsin for less than they were going for on eBay at the time. Sorry Sunhuntin not trying to get anyone to spend their hard earned money I do not wish debt on anyone, plus as I have to tone it down on spending it will give you time to catch up haha.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super, Ucwepn
Well why you are on auction hiatus Gerisplarail1 you can get your fix through us when we post our new things. [Image: sheepish-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Ucwepn