Last Call....I Quit!!!

23 Replies, 21098 Views

Last Call...I Quit!!!

I was not actively seeking the Tokyo Disney Toy Story Western River Railway Set even though I thought the franchise would fit into the Future World Collection Part 2 Quite nicely. I always thought the prices were a little high for what you get but the exclusive tunnel is sure cool. This new in the box appeared for what I thought a decent price and Buy It Now so wouldn't ya know it..."Might As Well"!

Plakid Walkers, I had my eye on these little guys since I first noticed them back in Oct of last year but I didn't want to pay 1200 yen for the set of three. Well they dropped the price down to 500 yen for the set and wouldn't ya know it..."Might As Well"? I was surprised to see they are a bit bigger than I expected.

[Image: 003.jpg] [Image: 006.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802
Hehehe, you're as bad with these as I am with the 00 gauge railways Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Super
Super this has been going on for far too long...
The stock pilling of this Future World collection has got to be massive by now!?!? I would love to see updated photos of all these magnificent pieces together in one room, (if one room is big enough to contain it all), or at the very least a "tub count" of how many storage bins you currently house to hold them all in!?!?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1
LOL

I wouldn't be able (well I could) to pull out all the stuff in the big tubs (literally) that the Future World 1 and 2 are in as it would be too much to take it all out and then try to get it all placed back into the tubs.

The tubs are the biggest I have in the house measured to fit in a specific spot in the Laundry/Airbrush Room. I needed them to be big to accommodate the larger boxes some of the sets come in. Like These To date, Future World Collection Part 1 (all Thomas & Friends related items) have filled one tub and more than half of a second. Future World Collection Part 2 (all non-Thomas & Friends items) have also completely filled one tub and half of a second.

Now all this doesn't even cover all the Disney items in use I have in the upstairs Layout which I would estimate to more than fill up one of these tubs. It also doesn't include any items that I use in the big downstairs Layout which, including all our trains, tracks, buildings, accessories would I would estimate at filling more than 5 tubs.

Not close to Action Chuggers "Wall" of storage containers he has in his basement but getting there. Big Grin

I am sure that when you start to store your boxes of set from your massive collection Muddy, you will have us all beat as far tubs go Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, ripley802
Man, If I did save all of the boxes, the bins would cover 2 sides of the basement! ConfusedBig Grin We only have a handful of saved boxes, all of the contents are placed in bins.
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
Ah the old chestnut of whether to save the boxes or not? I guess it comes down to one thing, are you buying as an investment that you are planning to sell at some time (so keep the boxes even if you play with them) or are you just buying them to keep in which case either throw or sell the empty boxes Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Super why do you keep saying last call and quit but then you keep making new posts saying its the last one??
[-] The following 1 user Likes B'Station Official's post:
  • Super
He's just a bit perverted like that, he's just in constant denial that he can give up buying/expanding the collection, until of course he sees that next last must have thing he doesn't have Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2018, 05:46 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Haha I do agree with you Nigel. Smile I never have that idea of last buy because there's always something cool to add to my collection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes B'Station Official's post:
  • Super
i never throw out boxes, especially plarail as i will never be able to find one to replace. most sets are kept in their boxes in the wardrobe, with only the engines removed for ease of use. whenever plarail sets come up locally, i try and buy them even if i dont really want the contents.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Nigels, ripley802, Super