Minion Coaster from Sega

2 Replies, 3326 Views

Started to see these appear in the Japan Auctions and thought it looked cute for a coaster and its Branded by Sega and Despicable Me. I needed something to go with the only other purchase from Japan, another Raspberry Tanker, to make the shipping worthwhile. I was actually very surprised when this arrived today as the size of the box and the set was much bigger than I was expecting. See pictures for the jet coaster next to Gordon. I thought this was going to be small and made of thin, cheap, plastic but its not bad. I also thought the coaster track would be thin and warp-able (like Trackmaster 11) but its not bad either. Takes one AA battery and I haven't set it up yet but the coaster car is....very fast running on a flat surface. It will not run on the Tomy track as the wheels are a tad wider to fit. I will try to get a short video of it uploaded soon.

I am sorry to say the with the arrival of this and another Raspberry Tanker (5 now) there is nothing left to buy....so sad...this is the first time in a number of years that I am not either bidding on or watching in my Watch List to bid on in the Japan Auctions. Has Super's Roller Coaster Ride of things to buy reached the end of the ride? Has the Carnival finally left town leaving Super behind......???

[Image: 002.jpg][Image: 005.jpg][Image: 007.jpg][Image: 011.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802
Something will come along that you 'might as well' have from the land of the rising loco mate Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Video as promised. At first I used an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA battery which is my go to choice but the rocket would go airborne over the hills and fly off the rails. Using a re-chargeable fixed that. Its cute but monotonous after watching for a short bit of time. The Rocket runs great off the rails too which I think would eventually happen in kids hands. I can imagine the rocket being run on the kitchen floor or flying down some steps.

Despicable Me Minion Rocket Coaster

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails