Plarail 2018...A Fantastic Year!

12 Replies, 8507 Views

So far 2018 has been a fantastic year for Plarail.
Just look at all these releases and soon to be released.

Are there any more that aren't listed here like special releases or Exclusives?
Could there be more not announced yet for 2018?

[Image: Untitled1.jpg][Image: Untitled2.jpg][Image: Untitled3.jpg]

[Image: Untitled4.jpg][Image: Untitled5.jpg][Image: Untitled6.jpg]

[Image: Untitled7.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Ucwepn
I am still waiting the date Plarail releases Daisy
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • fred16850
I wish they made characters who returned to the show in Full CGI in the Motorized lineup like Oliver (Steam Engine), Bill and Ben, Donald and Douglas, Daisy, Terrance, Trevor, Bulgy, Duck, Narrow Gauage Engines, and Salty.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • fred16850
I feel we'll get a few more Shinkalion robots. There's the Trinity and Doctor Yellow found in the Shinka gear yet to release, and there's a rumor of a rerelease of the 500 TYPE EVA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
I definitely agree! Oh sure, there are always things I would like to see released or rereleased but Tomy has been busy this year.

I’m especially happy to see C11 SL Taiju, the first new real world steam locomotive released in over two years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I am amazed that they must be a fantastic company, they have released these 38 Train items and this doesn't even put a dent in the amount of all the other toys that Tomy/Plarail puts out in one year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
i am still holding out hope for a plarail hogwarts express. the potter franchise is going under a revival at the moment, with merchandise coming from all over the place... clothing and accessories, plush toys and lego. a plarail express would sell like hotcakes, even more so if it came with a couple of plakids of the main characters.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
That sounds interesting Sun. I don't know much of anything of that series but I have seen pictures of the train here at BPT's. It would seem like it would be easy for Plarail to use molds they already have from an existing steam engine and a repaint of say the coaches of Spencer. Then they could add a Tender to that same train, paint it green and release it as a Flying Scotsman. What I have to wonder is Harry Potter popular in Japan and has Tomy/Tomica or Plarail released any other merchandise from the series even if its not train related?
it should be easy for them to use existing molds, but the name plate over one of the wheel arches might be problematic. tomica has had a diecast express, and tomy currently do a range of plush and blind bag keyrings. google also shows tomy branded action figures, and what looks like capsule machine prizes, though i dont know how recent they are.

one can just hope they make one eventually. if not, the lego one will have to suffice. Smile
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Most of the TOMY Harry Potter toys were done around the release of the last movie in 2011. As they released a die-cast version in the Tomica range under the Dream series, it seems likely they'll still have a license. I'd love to see a Hogwarts Express in the Plarail range too.
[-] The following 3 users Like jdogman's post:
  • fred16850, sunhuntin, Super