2018 C-11-207

11 Replies, 8300 Views

First video of the just released 2018 Plarail C-11-207, mine hasn't shipped yet but can't wait to get it in my hands.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
One of mine is shipping from HLJ but the other preorder hasn’t been filled yet. I’m curious to see how it stacks up to the current AA battery C12, as well to the older C battery C11 and C12.

Hopefully, HLJ will fill my other preorder soon so I have one to give to my son. Yes, if I were a good Dad, I would let him have the one that’s shipping now. Maybe I’ll do that but I don’t know just yet! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I have no doubt you are a good Dad and he will get the first one...

All my C-11's and Rosie's' have shipped from Japan...hurray!
  • Off The Rails
I’m a huge sap, so he’ll probably get the first one.... AFTER I play with it!  Big Grin

When the second order is filled, I’ll wait and have shipped SAL with my Fuji Express that’s currently on back order.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM by Super.)
  • Super
I already got the outgoing model but I'll get this one soon
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Yeah, I’m really sorry to see the 8620 class being retired. I recently bought a second one when I heard it was being discontinued. I’m thinking of running both it and the new C11 on our Christmas layout this year.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 01:57 PM by Super.)
  • Super
I got my C11 along with the Royal Express this morning (Saturday 8/11). I haven’t yet had a chance to get in to it but holy cow, that was some seriously fast shipping! The shipping notice was emailed to me Wednesday and the package arrived in the US Gulf south on Saturday morning!

I’m hoping to get some photos posted in the next day or two.
  • Super
Wow, that is fast. Anxious to hear what you think.
A couple quick photos-

[Image: 1_F554_CB3-_EE71-4_E0_D-9_D8_A-13_A7_FB39_F537.jpg]

[Image: AB8_BBAF6-_D998-4_F0_E-8079-_FA3497_EF43_E7.jpg]

It runs well, although I haven’t yet really put it through its paces. The new, Japanese style guards van is a nice improvement, with smaller wheels that don’t encroach into the floor and body. The production wheels are black, instead of gray as seen in the prototype photos. The blue passenger coach seems different from previous iterations of the same design but I didn’t have one of my other coaches on hand to compare.

The locomotive itself runs on a double A battery and appears to be derived from the C12. Again, I’ll have to compare them at some point, although there’s a precedent for this since Tomy modeled their earlier C battery C11 on the C12. The one feature I was feeling a bit “iffy” about was the solid mounting of the dual headlights. I realize that they needed to do it this way for durability and play value but I thought it looked kinda funky in the preview photos. In person, with the train running around our test track, it didn’t bother me.

I’m looking forward to running this train over a more challenging track layout.,I’m probably going to part out the coach and caboose to other trains. The C11 will likely be assigned to passenger service with a consist of small, British style coaches. This was an easy purchase for me since a new version of the C11 has been on my wish list for a while. My verdict? This is a cool little train and if you’re a fan of steam power, it’s definitely worth having.
  • Super
Thanks for your thoughts OTR. What do you mean by "one feature I was feeling a bit “iffy” about was the solid mounting of the dual headlights."
I wasn't at home for the delivery of mine today and will have to call DHL to find out what to do.
  • Off The Rails