Large Scale D-Day Diorama

2 Replies, 3024 Views

Stumbled upon this amazing time lapse video of creating a 1/35th scale D-Day Diorama...

What vision!
What artistic ability!

Wish I had just a speck of this guys artistic detailing talents for use on trains and scenery. He also has many other videos of his works. Amazing.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, Ucwepn
Hooo-Leee Cow! Even in my most ambitious model building days, I would never have imagined doing something like that! I’m completely amazed at not only the skill and vision this guy has but the sheer mental stamina and time management needed to see this through.

I didn’t bother reading the comments because you just know the YouTube “experts” are in full rivet counter mode. The missing bolts on the tank’s suspension or the wheel pattern of the scout car or the laces on the soldiers’ leggings or whatever nit they find to pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Surely impressive work there, although I'd have to say a considerable investment in model kits there as well, those Tamiya kits do not come cheap these days (if they ever did). Got to admire handiwork like that, now if only I had the time I could see myself doing stuff like that, especially with the 3D print facility as well Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super