can anybody identify this train please?

9 Replies, 7272 Views

[Image: s-l1600-70.jpg]

[Image: s-l1600-69.jpg]

any idea of age as well please if that isn't too much.
it's Ok, think i found it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pla-KF-01-steam...eam+trains
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 01:30 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes bollard's post:
  • Super
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
thanks - quite recent then really, shame the light don't work and about the diminutive intermediate wheel but otherwise i like it haha
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018, 01:49 AM by Super.)
  • Super
This was actually a re-release of the much earlier Plarail C-12 using a AA battery and much more resembles the real thing. The earlier renditions of the C-12 by Plarail used 'C' sized battery's and because of that they had to make the model engine much fatter. You can see the earlier renditions in Ucwepn's video here where he shows 3 of them. I didn't know until the re-released C-12 came out that the real one wasn't fat like the earlier versions. I actually like the fat ones better as they look more 'Beastly' LOL. Smile

i am a bit confused, the train i show above has the third wheel each side, the c12 in the video doesn't but yes i can see they are the same basic design. i agree, the earlier one is more attractive as a model.
  • Super
That is correct, all my original, fat, C-12's have no faux middle wheel where as the the 2011 release does. Must have been an earlier Plarail design choice. Now...on the other hand...this is weird....the original, fat, C-11 has a faux middle wheel as does its recently released AA version. The original, fat, C-11 is basically the exact model as the C-12 only with smoke deflectors.
In the video below Ucwepn shows the C-11 and the C-12 side by side.

on the whole i prefer 4 wheels i think, the obvious false nature of the intermediate pair is a bit irritating but that's just me possibly.
  • Super
As demonstrated in UCWepn’s video, one of the major advantages with the older C battery sized C11 and C12 is their pulling power. The newer versions are cool and I’m glad to have them but the older versions are just more functional in my opinion. (A big “thank you” to Super for selling the C11 and C12 to me!)

As a matter of fact, this thread has reminded me that I still need to decide on a train for the family Christmas layout and I think it’s going to be the C battery C12!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • bollard, Super
thank you both - your comments were very helpful, they helped me not buy something that i don't think that i would have been terribly happy with
  • Super