Shopping Tips?

6 Replies, 5309 Views

Do you guys know any good places to get cheap blue-track sets? Just in general. (NIB or Pre-Owned)
Trying to get more TOMY trains and track
Ebay will be your best bet
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoCoTheDiesel's post:
  • fred16850
Also some members have had very good luck shopping at Yard/Garage Sales and at Re-Sale shops
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
In my experience, eBay can serve as a great source for track, if you know who to buy from. As for engines, I prefer the more physical approach of a car boot sale. That way, you know of the condition of a model before you buy it. (not to mention the potential for a nice bit of haggling Big Grin)
Collecting without a clue since 2010
I found a nice lot in the UK on Facebook Marketplace recently (including, remarkably, the new Plarail Talking Gordon!). I have never found anything worth buying at a car-boot, but since I live a long way from any town I don't get to many.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018, 10:04 AM by Super.)
Craig's list is also an option..  However make sure you meet the seller at a public place
As far as I can see Craigslist is pretty much dead in the water in the UK. Never tried it before, but I searched for any toy within 50miles of where I live and came up with nothing. Then I did it for Birmingham and got a single relevant result and two (real) used cars. Maybe I'm missing something?
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018, 09:27 AM by Super.)