Recognize This Livestock Wagon?

8 Replies, 6814 Views

Any recognize or have info on this variation of a Livestock Wagon? Huh

The difference from the two I am used to is that this version has a white roof and has a creamier shade of brown although the chassis and door looks to be the same color as  the known one pictured on the left. It also appears to have the cow and pig on the inside like the earlier versions of this wagon.

[Image: i-img750x1000-15429539416zjdlq545967.jpg]

[Image: 001.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Many thanks Chris Smile

There it is, with your info I checked out a few videos and it looks like there is NOT any livestock inside this version leaving the animals only in the original with yellow wheels. Unless someone has anything to add or possibly other releases with any.
Correct, this particular type of wagon does not have any livestock in it.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018, 02:44 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Thanks Leyland

So we have collectively narrowed it down to only one release actually having Livestock in it and its the first rendition in this vintage release along with a black caboose and pudgy Tanker that I alson think was exclusive to this 3 Pack.

[Image: 0f02.jpg]
たのしい貨車セット A
[Image: Happy-Carry-Car-set-A.jpg]
  • Super
Thanks Chris, that be the one. Smile

What I find a bit strange is the red & yellow wheel mix in the set. I am still trying to find the year of release for this neat 3 pack but had always assumed that yellow wheels were from original Plarail's then the next generation of trains were red followed by the grey. Could these be in the middle of the two era's? I also believe there were at least 2 of these rolling stock 3 packs, 'A' & 'B', this one being 'A'. Anyone have better info than my brain gives up?
This source says 1993. http://www.spacelan.ne.jp/~kabothu/sonota2.htm   The last time they appeared in a catalogue as a set was 2002/03

They were also sold individually (same source says from 1978 to 1992) for example this is 1986:

[Image: image.png]

Incidentally, if you dismantle any variant of the cattle wagon at all, you will find that the insides of the doors always have the two moulded stubs to which the animals were attached in the originals. They also stop the doors sliding right across.
  • Super
Many thanks Chris

I also see from your Link that they did sell this Livestock wagon by itself too and the pudgy tanker came in a 4 pack also.