Weird Box Graphic?

12 Replies, 9111 Views

Does anyone else notice something odd about the graphics on the cover of this box or is it just me?

[Image: Tomica-World-Percyand-Bulgy-Setbox-JPG.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Is it the fact that the Tomica World logo doesn't have the red "Tomy" above it, or is it the red label that says: "Free Tomica World Video In This Pack."?
[-] The following 1 user Likes marclovestrainz's post:
  • Super
Apart from the fact that Percy looks blue?
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 03:43 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
That's why I was asking. I just didn't want to sound rude by outright telling Super about that version of the box being common in that era.
[-] The following 1 user Likes marclovestrainz's post:
  • Super
(10-23-2019, 12:20 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Apart from the fact that Percy looks blue?

Thats what I thought was weird. At first I thought that the text was a Factory defect as upon first glance I thought that was Thomas pulling the wagons as the color looks exactly like him. Was the Percy that came with this set actually Thomas Blue?
It must be distorted colour balance or something like that in the photo. This is what the box usually looks like:

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 06:19 PM by Super.)
Yeah, I bet the box was just sun faded.
What is weird is that no other colors beside the Percy engine and his wheels are affected. The greens are green, blues are blues, etc so I would have to say that it wasn't lighting or sun damage. If it were I would think other colors would have been affected too but for the fact that Percy's body and wheels are Thomas blue makes me suspect that this may be a one of a kind...it just doesn't ring true to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
perhaps certain part of the box exposed to the sun. Honestly, the wheels look blue to me
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
It's an interesting fact that until fairly recently the Welsh words for blue and green were the same (glas). For example the Welsh word for grass is still glaswellt, which means 'blue straw'. 

This isn't just because Welsh is weird (though it is), the same lack of distinction between green and blue has existed in a great many other languages. For more information you could start by reading this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super