another TM alfie sold

17 Replies, 10307 Views

Well somebody appears to have picked up a TM Alfie from canada...what a steal as well! 
Was it any of the members here? does muddy have 5 now or Brady 3?
Thanks to Thara for the image
[Image: alfiesold.jpg]
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
WHAT!? Then how come when I recently typed in trackmaster alfie, only a take along came up???
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
Not me....so annoying.
That’s 3 in the last 6 months!!
Grrrr...they are practically giving them away. :/
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek, Tons of Trackmasters
Another 3 alfies sold
[Image: 3-RB45-YSR-jpeg.jpg]

[Image: DW0eko24-jpeg.jpg]

[Image: X2-Ws5-ZMh-jpeg.jpg]
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 4 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek
Did a double take on the last one at the price it went for. Shy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Oh its frustrating trying to look for Alfie's, but I think I may have found the winning formula. Only a matter of time before another one pops up
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Tons of Trackmasters
@Tharazero1, Is it using the canadian ebay?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(03-18-2021, 02:28 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Oh its frustrating trying to look for Alfie's, but I think I may have found the winning formula. Only a matter of time before another one pops up

i heard you got one, is that true?

about the formula feel free to DM me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Tharazero1
I can attest to the beauty of Facebook Marketplace. I've been searching high and low for an Alfie (as some on BPT may know). After recently learning that someone found an Alfie on marketplace, I created my first facebook account and started looking. I realized that searching Canada marketplace made the most sense based on where Alfie was originally sold. I'm in the U.S., so I knew even if I found an Alfie listing, there would likely be some logistical issues regarding actually purchasing it (most Canadian marketplace listings are for pick up only). But, I figured I'd cross that bridge if/when I had to do so.

Long story short, I found and procured two Alfies! One came from one of the listings above that Tons came across. I found the other two listings, but after reaching out to the sellers learned that the Alfies had already been sold (no idea how much those actually sold for or to whom they went). But the Alfie was still available in the remaining listing. I offered well over the list price since I was asking them to accept remote payment and to ship the items to the U.S.. Almost simultaneous with working through the logistics on the first purchase, I randomly found another listing that had a mix of trains, and lo and behold, there was another Alfie (and a Ned). Similar to the first, I reached out to ask if they would consider a "well over their asking price" offer on the Alfie and Ned. The seller was willing and able.

After searching pretty much everywhere (though not marketplace!) for so long, it was pretty crazy to suddenly come across so many listings (even if some of the listings were dead ends). I assume more will pop up here and there on facebook, but searching is a bit challenging. And if you are able to find a listing, there's the risk that the seller may not be willing to accept remote payment and ship to where you are.

Needless to say, Facebook marketplace may be the best place to look.
[-] The following 2 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Well if that's the case then i am never going to get one i think...
bit sad but oh well, i don't have any connections in Canada, shipping will probably be ridiculous and it seems like Alfie is a common fellow there