Trackmaster Kelly Hook?

3 Replies, 1260 Views

Hi all, I was recently wondering if a HiT toys original Kelly with the original black painted hook exists. So hear me out here: We have discovered that a black rimmed Buster exists and was at one point potentially available to purchase, as well as this, that it was a legit item. Where did we find the original image? On the backs of boxes and fun guides. Now on the 2009 fun guide, along with buster's black rim, is Kelly's black hook. Could HiT have at one point made a black hooked kelly too?? If any of you have any information, do let me know as it does seem very interesting (at least to me lol)

Kelly Prototype (Black Hook)
[Image: 39575ef3-2acf-49dc-9433-a18f41282f5a.jpg]

Kelly Release (Beige Hook)
[Image: 41k-Ty41n2-L.jpg]

Buster Prototype (Black Rim)
[Image: 0e8a9bbf-8f0a-4729-b19e-89b5929805c2.jpg]

Buster Release (Red Rim)
[Image: Track-Master29-Busterbox.webp]

Buster Release (Black Rim)
[Image: thomas-friends-road-crew-car-1-e261f8ead...0d6668.jpg]

Most of the other road vehicles don't have any differences from their final releases so it just begs the question of these two.
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
Sorry Tons I have no info myself as I've only been interested in the motorized side of TOMY/TrackMaster vehicles. But I just wanted to be part of the conversation 🙂
[-] The following 4 users Like mitzalplik's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Splodge, Super, Tons of Trackmasters
Another mystery... [Image: detective-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • mitzalplik, MuddyPoppins, Splodge, Tons of Trackmasters
if you check the side you see a pipe that's holding the arm that's not on the final model and I think this is most likely a prototype as there hasn't been a Kelly like this and they probably most certainly changed it due to hazards like the hook and other things etc. conclusion most likely a prototype that there's only one of.
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 5 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • mitzalplik, MuddyPoppins, Splodge, Super, Tons of Trackmasters