What is This?

7 Replies, 1802 Views

I am guessing that this isn't a Plarail/Tomy but does anyone recognize this motorized vehicle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYp7No_Bkk

[Image: Untihutled.jpg]

[Image: Ungtihutled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That is Tomy - a mid 80s Plaroad double decker bus

http://parlorfleur-pm.com/plaroad.html

The Plaroad name was reused for B/O Tomica/Motor Tomica later on.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Wow
I had no idea these were Tomy...Many Thanks Duck. I always thought when I saw little stubby vehicles like this with those big rear wheels that they were 'Pull & Go' not motorized. Wonder if they used an 'N' size battery like some of the B/O Tomicas used or a Button/Coin size. I see that they were included with some of those early Road & Rail type sets that also had Plarail trains and these were also available individually in little boxes that could be hung on a display peg in stores.

Nice to see you Duck man...like old times 😃👍
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DuckGWR
There is a series of small pullback cars with larger rear wheels made by Takara called Choro-Q

[Image: toyota-86-toy-car-01.jpg]

I check in from time to time to see if there are any interesting recent posts or questions I can answer
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Choro Q also has a sub-theme for trains called Q-Train.
They are small remote-controlled shortened 3-car trains that can go forward/backward, left/right.
They are very tiny and fragile, I remembered having bought one but lost by now.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
@Duck
Thanks, those are the Pull Backs I thought it was

@Hanoi
Thank you, might you have a Link or YouTube video of the R/C 'Q'Trains' you speak of? I am not sure I have seen those.
(05-15-2023, 01:13 AM)Super Wrote: @Hanoi
Thank you, might you have a Link or YouTube video of the R/C 'Q'Trains' you speak of? I am not sure I have seen those.

Here's one: 

It's pretty basic actually, and probably did not have much development since.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 1 user Likes HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super
Thanks Hanoi, I haven't seen these before, cute little things aren't they? So no tracks I am guessing. Wonder if these might be the size of the Capsule series?