12,795 possessions! Meet the woman who photographed every single thing she owns

7 Replies, 897 Views

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign...ery-object

"Barbara Iweins spent four years taking pictures of every object in her home, from her own clothes to her kids’ toys. She realised she could live without 99% of them."

Here's a part of the 1% that are indispensible Smile :

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023, 09:24 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 5 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, mitzalplik, Super, Tharazero1
Haha...someone with a lot of time on their hands 😆 I might have that total amount of items just in Train stuff let alone all the other stuff I have around here. I have often thought to photograph every valuable item and general pictures of each room as Insurance companies recommend but never did. Just keeping everything updated would be a chore. Wonder if she updated always like when buying something new to replace old or if she lost a paper clip.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mitzalplik
well, i do take photos of my trackmaster collections but if i have a duplicate of an item, i just take one photo of it instead of each one individually
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • mitzalplik, Super
(07-21-2023, 01:17 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: well, i do take photos of my trackmaster collections but if i have a duplicate of an item, i just take one photo of it instead of each one individually

But are you so sad (like me) that you keep a record of and photograph all the different variants of, for example, a curve rail?  All the different copyright, registration, production markings?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
very fascinating
[-] The following 1 user Likes thehsvdude's post:
  • Super
(07-21-2023, 09:17 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 01:17 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: well, i do take photos of my trackmaster collections but if i have a duplicate of an item, i just take one photo of it instead of each one individually

But are you so sad (like me) that you keep a record of and photograph all the different variants of, for example, a curve rail?  All the different copyright, registration, production markings?

i am not as diehard fan as you are.  i just take photograph of my engines and rolling stocks.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
I could not fathom this level of dedication, but I still find myself fascinated by it. While a good read, I wonder if she now takes photos of the photos she now owns lol
[-] The following 2 users Like mitzalplik's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]