What would you like to see Plarail Make

7 Replies, 718 Views

Hey Guys,

not sure if there is an existing thread for a topic like this but would like to get everyone's opinions on what they would like to see Plarail make next!

For me, it would have to be more modern update of the 200 Series Shinkansen, with a more accurate shape and the non see through windows like the more recent 0 series shinkansen. For this particular shape of the 200 series shinkansen, the last time Plarail produced these was in the late 90's with the new 200 series shinkansen

[Image: 1200px-JR-East-Shinkansen-200-renewal.jpg]
[Image: new200.jpg]

and in 2007 with the JR East Shinkansen Anniversary 3 Pack. 

[Image: Shinkansen-200kei-F17.webp]
[Image: JREshinkansen-anniversary.jpg]

Both these are worth quite a bit now considering plarail haven't released any updated versions of these for a while.

(Plarail technically have except that is the pointed nose version, not the more rounded nose like these ones. And that is still pretty dated in terms of its design).

[Image: IMG-1322.jpg]
[Image: 607100416.jpg]

I'd like to see Plarail to remake these to make them seem more accurate and detailed.

I'd also like to see Plarail introduce more into its Real Class line, particularly more detailed versions of many of the shinkansen's they produce, particularly the 0 series shinkansen.

What would you like to see Plarail make next?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 06:02 AM by Tharazero1.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, HanoibusGamer, Super
I'd also like to see Plarail bring back the 200 Series Shinkansen someday, likely in some future anniversaries. They brought back 400 Series for Shinkansen Year 2022, so hopefully 200 Series would soon follow, best also with magnetic coupler.
2022's Tohoku Shinkansen Anniversary was a great opportunity but there's already E2 in 200 Series paint so there's that.

Other than past Shinkansen series, I'd also like Plarail to make something like a "World series", i.e. bring back those TGV and Eurostar please(!) and prominent rolling stock from countries around the world.
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 2 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
We did have another similar Thread but it was a long time ago and I can't remember its name. Its nice to have an updated Thread like this and if I ever find the other I will Link it here.

No more re-releases please. If you don't have any new trains in Japan to model then how about expanding to trains from around the world that are totally different than you would find in Japan. Whether those would be newer trains or vintage, I think expanding Plarail back to a time when they tried to go world wide (example Tomica World) is what I would wish for.

Edit:
Here is the previous Thread. There are a lot of interesting suggestions from current and past members that can add to this discussion
https://www.blueplastictracks.org/thread...light=Wish
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(08-30-2023, 03:31 PM)Super Wrote: We did have another similar Thread but it was a long time ago and I can't remember its name. Its nice to have an updated Thread like this and if I ever find the other I will Link it here.

No more re-releases please. If you don't have any new trains in Japan to model then how about expanding to trains from around the world that are totally different than you would find in Japan. Whether those would be newer trains or vintage, I think expanding Plarail back to a time when they tried to go world wide (example Tomica World) is what I would wish for.

Edit:
Here is the previous Thread. There are a lot of interesting suggestions from current and past members that can add to this discussion
https://www.blueplastictracks.org/thread...light=Wish

I'll add my post to the end of that thread, thank you super
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
You didn't have to do that Thara, your Thread was perfectly fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT
something they will never do but this engine 'Norte 1672 Varela de Montes' a cool looking tender engine but I imagine plarail wants to just make Japanese engines but other engines maybe some American tender engines or tank engines would be cool with more western rolling stock.
[Image: montes.jpg]
I would also see a plarail version of this Renfe Diesel engine. 
[Image: Renfe.jpg]
This may be biased but I do like the designs of some Spanish locomotives and diesels so there will be a day were I make some (maybe next year who knows) 
I also found this engine from what I read it was thought to be a shunter for a sugar factory in Cadiz who does this engine remind me of (billy/Charlie from ttte) 
[Image: billyblack.jpg]
and just one more interesting one is this engine duncan? 
[Image: spain17009.jpg]
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
[-] The following 2 users Like Therealblack64YT's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Personally, I am now more interested in Plarail Real Class releases. My only concern is that people worry that Plarail Real Class will be the next Plarail Advance and they'll end it. Skeptics out there feel these second round will be the last, but I hope not.

I really like the detail of Plarail Real Class and I hope it continues!

As for Plarail Standard, I feel there is a lot of potential. Takara Tomy has released a lot for its Tomix and TomyTec brand that have not been released on Plarail, for them to go after.

There are so many awesome trains released as limited edition from the private railway companies, but would love to see some of the smaller railway companies receive some love.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KNDYNT2099's post:
  • Super
Love the look of that Norte 1672 Varela de Montes T-Real 😃
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Therealblack64YT