New Red Crossliner R/C Train 👍

7 Replies, 739 Views

Thumbs up for the newly released Plarail R/C Train Red Crossliner

Love how the chassis, which is in the exact same footprint as the last two version of Plarail Motor/Chassis, so they are easily swapped out with many of the Plarail released trains in the past few years. The controller is very small in my gorilla hand (not a complaint) which would make it perfect for a child. No complaints or issues with this release. I could only hope that they would release just the Motor/Chassis by itself so other trains can become R/C's but I am not holding my breath for that. No sound but I think that is why the Motor/Chassis has the exact footprint as a non-R/C chassis. Maybe in the future, Plarail could add sound to the controller, (like Trackmaster) which could become a little bigger with electronic board and speaker without affecting the size of the train. Not a deal breaker for me as this new release meets all my needs.

[Image: IMG-2661.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2665.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2669.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2671.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2675.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2679.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I really like this, thank you for the in-depth review. I think I might pick one up. May I asked where you got yours?
[-] The following 3 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
Can anyone translate this card the came with the Crossliner?

[Image: IMG-2723.jpg]
(11-21-2023, 12:56 AM)Super Wrote: Can anyone translate this card the came with the Crossliner?
When you answer the questionnaire
Win a present by lottery!
*When answering the questionnaire, you will
  need your customer ID number and JAN code
  number.
*Communication charges etc. will be borne by the customer.
*Please see the website announcement for details.
www.takaratomyfans.com/
Customer ID number: .....................
JAN code number: ........................

Looks like you need to connect to the takaratomyfans website from a Japanese server, otherwise it doesn't open. I use the free version of Proton VPN
50 lottery winners will win a "Takara Tomy Lucky Bag".

JAN code = barcode
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 10:30 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Many thanks Dr Chris. Wonder whats in the Lucky Bag
(11-21-2023, 03:57 PM)Super Wrote: Many thanks Dr Chris. Wonder whats in the Lucky Bag

I suspect it could be anything from the Takara Tomy brand. The lottery is not restricted to buyers of Plarail specifically.  I don't think we'll be missing out too badly!
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
On the back of the Hayabusa and Cross Liner boxes there's a link to a pdf that lists all the Plarail trains that are compatible with the Grip Mascon (= Master Controller) chassis and hand-set. Note in particular that it's compatible with the Real Class trains:

https://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pl...ehicle.pdf
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • JustTylerHere, Super
Thank you Dr Chris, that is a nice list provided by Tomy now if they would only sell just the chassis because one controller can operate two trains.