Help fixing chuffing Annie

24 Replies, 1776 Views

I've come across a used cuffing Annie and it's not chuffing so I opened it up and after cleaning it I'm thinking it's missing 2 pieces that rubs the spring coil as the wheel turns. Has anyone opened up one to know what pieces I'm missing? It looks like I'm missing 2 rods with whatever cogs connect with the driving wheel. Any help sending me pictures of the missing parts would be appreciated as I can try to find spare parts to replace

[Image: IMG-20231221-145013.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like mitzalplik's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
My mind is telling me that I have seen a video about the workings of this Chuffer. I can't remember if it was a YouTuber or a member hear at BPT's. Maybe someone here remembers better than I.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mitzalplik
Thanks for the reply Super. I tried looking but couldn't find any info regarding taking it apart and the insides. I hope to hear from someone about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mitzalplik's post:
  • Super
Check out This Thread  here at BPT's to see if it helps...Especially the Posts from Member Chrisjo with pictures and a Post where he shows what could be a rare 1982 'Chuffing' Mail Car.
  • mitzalplik
This is exactly what I needed but didn't find. Thank you very much Super and thank you Chrisjo for the research and photos of the inside. Now I have to curate those same gears and rods if I can. I'll update this thread if I ever do find these things either through purchase, spare parts and/or custom since one of those peices has half there cogs.

It's kinda a mystery to me why I have such a clean Annie with very specific parts missing from it🤷

The pictures are not as sharp anymore and I'm surmising that the partial gear might be a ten tooth, but the middle gear is hard to make out how many teeth. Chrisjo (or anyone else that knows the insides) could you please, if you remember, let me know any specifics about these gears for someone trying to replace them? Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2023, 10:53 AM by mitzalplik.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mitzalplik's post:
  • Super
I can answer all your questions and improve the pictures. I don’t know why they’ve gone like that. But you’ll need to be a little bit patient because we’re spending Xmas somewhere a bit warmer this year. I’ll be back on the 28th.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • mitzalplik, Super
Will do Chrisjo. I wish you and yours well. Super and the rest of the members here who may celebrate it, I wish you a fun Xmas and/or New Year. Thank you Guys for welcoming me to BPT.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2023, 05:50 PM by mitzalplik.)
[-] The following 2 users Like mitzalplik's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
Thanks Dr Chris...Cyprus perhaps???
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
Quote:Thanks Dr Chris...Cyprus perhaps???

No……
[Image: IMG-0043.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2023, 10:29 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
LOL...Portugal was actually my first guess but when I checked the weather there it didn't look to be that warm so I went with Cyprus instead. Enjoy your Holidays my friend.