Help with Details of the Kitaro Train

13 Replies, 13813 Views

[Image: itching.gif]

I really have developed a nagging itch lately. Went to the doctor and he prescribed buying a new train. But doctor, I cried, there are no more trains I am interested in, what do I do? Find the closest thing that interests you, buy it and your itch will disappear he said.

So, on doctors orders I have been re-researching everything I don't have and may have found the closest thing, at least that is what I am telling myself, but need more info.

I have liked the coloring and characters on the Kitaro Train even though I don't know who the characters are. This looks much more like an American Bus, as Muddy Poppins likes to call them, than any of the other Japanese commuter trams buuuuuttt. I would like to know if any of the windows and doors are actually molded into the plastic and not just flat and painted. Which brings up the other question, Is everything pained on or the whole thing a sticker? Any help? My itch is waiting for your response.

[Image: Untitled_zpssg2rjh1w.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Itch no more I am sorry to tell you it is all sticker, with exception of the front and back windows, have you seen the previous Kiha single piece Trams Tomy released? they are more up your alley as far as molded windows and non sticker decoration they are out of print now but can be found on Jauce.

I do really love this Kitaro wrapping Kiha Loco though it is just fun to run on the layout my daughter and I love it.
Super have you seen the video of the real life Kitaro loco?
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 04:02 AM by Gerisplarail1.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • KumaChan
Bummer, Thanks for the info Gerisplarail1. My doctor is not going to be happy about this. Rats...stickers, unfortunate.

No I didn't see a video of the real Kitaro but since you mentioned it I searched for one on YouTube and saw this one. Its much longer than I assumed. I was picturing it more like a street car, Trolley car size. That paint is awesome though.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
BTW Wife says Kitaro is a Anime TV show in Japan. Perhaps the train was an advertisement for the show.
Your wife must be right. Because of her I did a little research and found the TV show. Tell her thanks for me!
(01-22-2015, 04:34 AM)Super Wrote: Bummer, Thanks for the info Gerisplarail1. My doctor is not going to be happy about this. Rats...stickers, unfortunate.

No I didn't see a video of the real Kitaro but since you mentioned it I searched for one on YouTube and saw this one. Its much longer than I assumed. I was picturing it more like a street car, Trolley car size. That paint is awesome though.

Yes that is the exact video to which I refer after seeing that there was no way I wasn't gonna have that in my collection such a gorgeous train! also Super you didn't say if you were familiar with the previous Kiha's released, or are you mostly interested in this Kitaro Kiha due to it's wrapping?

Yes Kitaro started as a comic or in Japan Manga, it is a very strange cartoon having to do with ghosts and eyeball father haha.

Kitarō is a yōkai boy born in a cemetery and, aside from his mostly decayed father, the last living member of the Ghost Tribe (幽霊族 yūrei zoku?). He is missing his left eye, but his hair usually covers the empty socket. He fights for peace between humans and yōkai, which generally involves protecting the former from the wiles of the latter. When questioned in the 2007 movie, Kitarō responds that he is three hundred and fifty years old.

GeGeGe no Kitarō (ゲゲゲの鬼太郎?) is a manga series created in 1960 by mangaka Shigeru Mizuki. It is best known for its popularization of the folklore creatures known as yōkai, a class of spirit-monster to which all of the main characters belong. It has been adapted for the screen several times, as anime, live action and video games. A new anime series has been made every decade since 1968.

The title of the original story is Hakaba no Kitarō (墓場の鬼太郎?), literally meaning "Kitarō (of the) Graveyard". This story was an early 20th-century Japanese folk tale performed on kamishibai. The name "Ge Ge Ge..." was applied to Mizuki's particular telling of the Kitarō story when a Toei Animation series based on the characters of his comic was created. In January, 2008, the original comic was finally adapted into an animated series, running in Fuji TV's Noitamina slot.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 02:35 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
Oh...thats where the "Eyeball" came from. Am I remembering right...isn't there a Tomy Eyeball train too or am I confusing it with something else?
yes The event exclusive Kitaro Eyeball Father Kiha 40 train:

Here is a beauty the Kiha 40 (Touhoku area color):

Also the Kiha 40 Type 758:

Attached Files
.jpg   eyeball father.jpg (Size: 8.73 KB / Downloads: 28)
.jpg   kiha 40.JPG (Size: 96.06 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   kiha40 type.jpg (Size: 18.73 KB / Downloads: 25)
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 03:54 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
If only that green K-09 was painted like the Kitaro one then it would be a perfect itch remover. Hard to tell but the Eyeball train also looks like a sticker wrap. [Image: super-sad.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
and they released a memorial event exclusive Kiha 40 type 758 Bantan Line (3 piece set), at the same time that they released the B 20 Loco. this Kiha has got to be one of the rarest in the series.

Yes Eyeball father train is also Sticker wrapping.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 03:59 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super