Up and Down Spiral

3 Replies, 3800 Views

.jpg   dbl loop 2.JPG (Size: 126.23 KB / Downloads: 33)
.jpg   dbl loop 1.JPG (Size: 162.68 KB / Downloads: 33) Hi Guys, Thought I would share.

After studying videos on YouTube, I finally completed building an up and down spiral. The spiral in the middle is two-way: one car can go up and another can go down at the same time.

My children are facinated that the trains never crash into each other. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes KumaChan's post:
  • sunhuntin
Fantastic, nice work, a Triple Decker. I am amazed that they don't rash into each other to. I have seen them on YouTube also and always wanted to give one a try but never have. I see you didn't use any riser "A" or "B" curves and the tower on the right are those all 2x curves?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks. Nope didn't use any A or B curves. The ones I have don't work very well and I don't like them.

The only place you need smaller risers is at the base when building and tower.

Using the smaller risers, you build up each turn: 1, 2, 3. Once you get to 4 small risers, you continue all the was up with Full Size ones.

The double spiral took some trial and error. I spent about an hour rewinding and pausing videos on You Tube.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KumaChan's post:
  • Super
Love it, very clever, you will have to incorporate it into x2 towers both with up and down trains on them, maybe you could do a YouTube video of them running?
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 09:16 PM by Tramp.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • Super