My favorite Series EF

15 Replies, 18691 Views

here is my EF Series collection so far, I have a long way to go!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • ActionChugger, sunhuntin, Super, Tramp
so they are all the same class? they look so different.

good shots, geris.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
My EF series Collection, From left to right: EF 58 61, EF 59, EF 60 19, EF 60 19 (white), EF 65 1068, EF 65 0, EF 65 Fuji, EF 66 27, EF 66 Postal Train, EF 81, EF 81 (stainless steel), EF 81 HOKUTOSEI "Shooting Star", EF 200 19, EF 510 4 Red Thunder, EF 510 509, Cassiopeia, EF 510 501 HOKUTOSEI "Shooting Star", EF 81 Twilight Express.
E=electric F=freight. My current fave....the 510.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wartsilaone's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
See, now I didn't know that the "EF" stood for that Blush

Nice collection Geris. You say you have a long way to go for the collection, what are you missing?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(04-04-2015, 07:14 PM)Wartsilaone Wrote: E=electric F=freight. My current fave....the 510.

just so know my friend F does not stand for freight, it is actually the number of drive wheels, for example F=6 because it is the sixth letter in the alphabet so hence six wheel drive.

that will help explain to you what the letters mean on the EH series and ED series trains, this also carries over to the Diesel freight trains for instance DD series DE series and DF series, This system does not apply to the lettering however on Japanese Steam trains.
Thanks Geri's, that was just off the top of my head.
  • Gerisplarail1
Thanks Geris

Now that you mention this, it sounds like you have stated this before in the forums. So the DE has 5 wheels?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Rai...sification
  • Gerisplarail1
(04-04-2015, 07:37 PM)Wartsilaone Wrote: Thanks Geri's, that was just off the top of my head.

that is what I thought it stood for when I first started collecting too it makes sense but then I saw the EH series and DD series and was what does that mean then, hence my research hahaWink

(04-04-2015, 07:39 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Geris

Now that you mention this, it sounds like you have stated this before in the forums. So the DE has 5 wheels?

yes weird right well

at least only 5 are powered there may be more I don't know

(04-04-2015, 07:39 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Geris

yes weird right well

at least only 5 are powered there may be more I don't know
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015, 07:43 PM by Gerisplarail1.)