Any one else receive their new Gordon Today?

11 Replies, 13876 Views

Express Mail from Japan delivered my new TS-04 Gordon working on a first look video now, remember this is just a first look video for people who speak English so I will leave the professional review, unboxings and first runs to the Professionals! I like to think of my videos as the poor mans review haha!
[-] The following 5 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, NWRMainLineTerminal, ROCKINATOR, sunhuntin, Ucwepn
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, NWRMainLineTerminal, Super
(04-28-2015, 06:21 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote:

Super cool! This is very nice..and a must have!!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, ROCKINATOR
Thanks Geris

He is quite the handsome engine for sure. I opted to buy the regular TS-04 (version before this release) with the long side rods for my Future World collection.. I do like these new designed side rods and hope they start using them on all their new steam type engines that don't have the ability to use the long ones. I have a feeling that they may have stopped using the long ones in favor of these because the long ones could get pulled out and bend by the children playing with them. I agree with you on the front facing cab windows and that a little black paint for the side cab windows would have been nice too. I enjoy your reviews as you have an edge of excitement to your commentary that it lacking in some Online reviews.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I still prefer the design of the previous Gordon. It looks closer to his TV Series design, and it also has the right proportions. The firebox and cab on the new one are too long. The siderods also don't look right to me, since there's no valve gear or anything.

BTW, Where'd you get that Pokémon Stop-N-Go? I never knew that piece existed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Pokemon Set was a gift from a guy in the U.K. here is a picture of the box.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin, Super
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super
Wow, that Boso view sure runs nice and is quiet. Wonder why Muddy wanted to see Gordon run by himself?
  • MuddyPoppins
(04-29-2015, 09:28 PM)Super Wrote: Wow, that Boso view sure runs nice and is quiet. Wonder why Muddy wanted to see Gordon run by himself?

I wanted to see how fast he was now that he is unencumbered by a tender...
If I'm not mistaken it's the first time a Tomy Gordon has been a single engine correct?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Ucwepn
He looks to run about the same. The new tender probably doesn't weigh very much being empty.
  • MuddyPoppins