Crazy Thomas knockoff

18 Replies, 16716 Views

Anyone see this one on eBay yet??

(05-27-2016, 09:18 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Anyone see this one on eBay yet??

(05-27-2016, 09:18 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Anyone see this one on eBay yet??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2016, 09:23 PM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I have seen it. Tracks looks to be like the brown/tan Trackmasters.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
You guys sure that just isn't going to be the latest 'most realistic yet' version of Thomas from Fisher Price? Forget revolutions, the next one will be Resurrections lol!! Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
That smokebox door looks like a bank vault.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
if it is anything like the previous knockoffs, the rolling stock is way bigger than the trackmaster/tomy
(05-27-2016, 09:35 PM)Super Wrote: That smokebox door looks like a bank vault.

I thought it more resembled The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz??Wink lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
According to Amazon, Little Treasures is a large Brand name with a Storefront and over 1500 toys listed. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_4_1...1464386319
Curious. Very curious.

They usually copy the old blue Plarail track and other things from that era (I assume that's because some of it is simpler and easier to reproduce). This time, however, they copied the Pre-2014 TrackMaster track (first time I've ever seen a knock off that imitates that style as opposed to the Plarail type).

The set itself is an obvious rip off of Cranky's Spinning Cargo Drop, only it comes with Thomas instead of Diesel. Unlike the original, it looks to come with some sort of barrel instead of a crate. Also, there is no special mechanism on the truck that causes Cranky to move (presumably because these knock off engines are too slow, or they couldn't figure out how the original worked).

Anyway, it is interesting to see that someone is finally ripping off another style of track.
You'll probably find some enterprising factory in China has bought the old machine tools/molds for the obsolete track and decided to put them into production again. Hence the type of track they're producing, similarly they probably picked up pre-revolution molds/tools for the Thomas and rolling stock but maybe couldn't get the 'face'.
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
I've seen worse than this, but it looks half decent for a knock-off toy.

And what I can see that, it's a clone rip from "Working Hard Diesel" set, which it includes a badly cloned Cranky the Crane (with no face), and a generic locomotive which it has Thomas' colors and the real life steam loco face.