Ucwepn's YouTube Video's

413 Replies, 550054 Views

I have found that when the motor is loaded up like when he is moving on the rails the lights don't have enough power to illuminate, I am not sure of the voltage and the amp draw, will try with fresh rechargeables tomorrow as they have better amp draw than the alkalines I have tried, if not I may have to add another power source.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • ripley802
Do you have a resistor installed for the lights?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Hi Super, no there is not a resistor the lights are just wired straight to the motor so I can utilize the engines on/off switch, I did this with my modified TM2 Ryan which has 2 lights and it worked fine but these blinking leds are a different beast.
I think Tramp did a thread on that happening when he added flashing yellow roof lights to a modified Salty of his.
I will have a search
  • Super
Maybe send Tramp a PM, after all I believe he is our foremost expert on the LED lightings. Do you still have one of those little volt generators?
I do have 1 left I will investigate later and maybe drop Tramp a pm Smile cheers.
  • Super
it's slightly better with rechargeables and it wants to almost light up when on the rails but still cannot, when running in mid air and I load the wheels up with my finger it continues to flash which it wouldn't with alkalines, I noticed if I give it a helping push from behind while running on the rails the lights do flash, very strange.
  • Super
Trackmaster 2 Salty

[-] The following 5 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super, WoodWheel92
Is that a first for Trackmaster II, printed on buffer details both front and rear? At least, maybe, they listened to all the complaints about buffers either missing or not painted in this line. Even though they look flat at least its something. I do, still, shake my head , every time I see those holes in the wheels when they are no longer needed for packaging. I see you have taped down the activation lever for the automatic switch track. Shooting Star Gordon did a great job of making it around dead mans curve even pulling all those green coaches. Sure nice to see and hear a new review video Ucwepn. Smile