Toys 'R' Us Bankruptcy & Store Closings

73 Replies, 60149 Views

Good riddance in my opinion. Just before Christmas I reserved a Sphero BB8 which according to their system was in stock in my local store. I subsequently had the email confirming the item was ready for collection. So I wend my way to the store, go to the collection point only to be told "sorry it was a glitch on our stock system we don't have any in stock, but I'm not surprised as it was a superb discount price."

How do I read this? The staff saw it and wanted it so it 'mysteriously' went out of stock in the couple of hours between their email confirming it was ready for collection and my arrival at the store.

I even contacted their customer services to complain, their response "we don't have a view on what stock is in each individual store, but if you can find it in stock you can reserve it using our click and collect option". In other words they never even bothered to read the complaint.

So as far as I'm concerned the sooner they go out of business and give other bricks and mortar shops more business the better!! Sad
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toys 'R' Us Bankruptcy & Store Closings - by Nigels - 01-24-2018, 09:18 PM