big loader store display. UPDATED BIG BIG LOADER

41 Replies, 40740 Views

for once, i am stumped. in all my years of googling, ebaying, amazoning and internetting in general, i had never seen one until tonight.

i did see on a youtube video a comment that someones gran got one from target back in the day, no clue where one in new zealand would have come from. we dont have target, walmart or tru. certainly no stores big enough that i can imagine having these.

the seller wants $80NZD which i think is fair.

[Image: blsd%2016.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017, 07:09 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
They were available in Australia a long, long time ago. Smile

I got the Thomas version of the above set.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • sunhuntin
as a store display though?

ive had a number of sets pass through my hands, mostly just odd bits and bobs. i only buy if the chassis is there. i keep the chassis and truck tops. the rest goes out.

the store display intrigues me and i dont know there would be many about. i had a reply from the seller, they had a toy store in perth, so that answers that at least Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 09:37 AM by sunhuntin.)
Yes. I don't remember what year though and I don't think it an official display version. It was just the store opening one of the sets as a display.

-plarnold
Thats pretty cool Sunhuntin and would great at one of your clubs events as the children can press the button and watch it go but not able to grab anything. I think that a good price too.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
thanks, plarnold and super.

i won it tonight [boy i love technology! must get one of those fancy data phones. we were on the road and i was bidding from a gas station!!!] for the start of $80, which is great. the seller is delighted its going into an adults collection. they have had it since the mid 80s, so its about my age which is neat.
the seller is going to do her best to pack it safely. so excited to have this bit of history.

super, my club has our big show in a couple weeks, and i plan to display this piece, running, all weekend. i wont run the same chassis all the time. will take spares just in case. it will not be within reach of any kids. they can keep their grubby hands to themselves. lololololol.

plarnold, that photo doesnt show it well but its a moulded base to hold the tracks in place properly. this pic is a bit clearer without the bubble
[Image: blsd%202.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017, 07:32 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Ucwepn
Sleepy
(09-05-2015, 10:50 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: thanks, plarnold and super.

i won it tonight [boy i love technology! must get one of those fancy data phones. we were on the road and i was bidding from a gas station!!!] for the start of $80, which is great. the seller is delighted its going into an adults collection. they have had it since the mid 80s, so its about my age which is neat.
the seller is going to do her best to pack it safely. so excited to have this bit of history.

super, my club has our big show in a couple weeks, and i plan to display this piece, running, all weekend. i wont run the same chassis all the time. will take spares just in case. it will not be within reach of any kids. they can keep their grubby hands to themselves. lololololol.

plarnold, that photo doesnt show it well but its a moulded base to hold the tracks in place properly. this pic is a bit clearer without the bubble
[Image: blsd%202.jpg]
Did they have the Thomas version of the big loader or no if no please don't be mad at me for asking
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017, 07:32 PM by sunhuntin.)
Yes, they did sell a Thomas version of the Big Loader Sets 1 and 2. Perhaps even a 3. There is definitely Big Loader 1, 2, 3 in non-Thomas versions.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Aresedale productions
(09-05-2015, 12:37 PM)plarnold Wrote: Yes, they did sell a Thomas version of the Big Loader Sets 1 and 2. Perhaps even a 3. There is definitely Big Loader 1, 2, 3 in non-Thomas versions.

-plarnold

I know they had big loaders of thomasci had the one with Percy,Thomas and Terence I don't have any of it left because me and my brother played with when he was 3 and was 5 so yeah and I didn't know they made 3 Thomas big loader sets and thanks for telling me plarnold
found this on ebay. i would love it, but dont have a spare $1000 lying around [thats the converted price, plus postage]
its slightly different to my one, a tad more modern i think. this is the style i had as a kid, so early 90s? i loooove the embossed lid. its just stunning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980s-TO...SS:CA:3160