What is a good/fair price for talk n action Toby and diesel 10?

27 Replies, 30497 Views

I found a lot I am bidding on. I will likely get outbid, but figured I would see what your thoughts are on a good price for the talk n action Toby and Talk n Action Deisel 10? I do not see any track or a box for them bit they look to be in good shape.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
(10-05-2015, 10:31 AM)ripley802 Wrote: I found a lot I am bidding on. I will likely get outbid, but figured I would see what your thoughts are on a good price for the talk n action Toby and Talk n Action Deisel 10? I do not see any track or a box for them bit they look to be in good shape.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Also is there anywhere that makes the green pieces of track? The seller doesn't seem to have any or very little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
I just saw a bulk of the green track in the Japan auctions otherwise a sharp eye on the Ebay sales should help although you may have to buy other tracks just to get the green trigger tracks.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Is there a way to id which pieces go to which train? So I do not end up with 10 of the same piece of track, etc.. Thanks.
I don't have much knowledge on this but I thought they are the same but lets wait until the experts chime in. I think the the bumps (dots, dashes and squares) on the track are different. So if you have the same then I think the talk and action of the trains are the same so I guess if you don't want doubles you have to have close ups.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
there's 6 different pieces and they are the same actions for each train
You should be able to find a used T'nA Toby for around 5000 yen ($41.00 USD)without a box, but most likely pay 5-6x that for a new one W/box.
I just picked one up off eBay used without a box that works perfectly for under $20!!
The Diesel 10 is actually more common to find with it's box than Toby, but is still around $350-$500 USD for an unopened one.
A used D-10 without it's box goes from $50- $200 depending on its condition AND FUNCTION.
Note: Of the 6 T'nA models Thomas,Percy,James,Toby,
D-10,Gordon,& Henry...
TOBY, D-10,& JAMES are notoriously delicate, and it's very hard to find a used one that FUNCTIONS properly or isn't broken. The interworkings of these trains are a bit complex and troubleshooting and repairing them can be difficult as well.
Hope this helpsSmile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Do you mind putting the link up for the Jauce auction and I was looking at a talk n action Toby and diesel 10 both with their boxes but the were both Brocken. I got out bided and sold for 6000 yen
(10-06-2015, 06:00 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: You should be able to find a used T'nA Toby for around 5000 yen ($41.00 USD)without a box, but most likely pay 5-6x that for a new one W/box.
I just picked one up off eBay used without a box that works perfectly for under $20!!
The Diesel 10 is actually more common to find with it's box than Toby, but is still around $350-$500 USD for an unopened one.
A used D-10 without it's box goes from $50- $200 depending on its condition AND FUNCTION.
Note: Of the 6 T'nA models Thomas,Percy,James,Toby,
D-10,Gordon,& Henry...
TOBY, D-10,& JAMES are notoriously delicate, and it's very hard to find a used one that FUNCTIONS properly or isn't broken. The interworkings of these trains are a bit complex and troubleshooting and repairing them can be difficult as well.
Hope this helpsSmile
Thanks. This make my decision a bit easier. I was thinking they were a lot more in used condition, but I think. Will stick to my initial bid and let it ride. If I win, I win, but likely will find myself outbid at the last minute. I will post back if I win or lose though.

Physically the trains look to be in good condition, wires intact, coupler in tact, etc. but are sold as in tested.

Are the Toby and D-10 models only in Japanese or do they have an English version as well?
Thanks again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Japanese, the only English speaking engines are Thomas, James & Percy. There were rumors of an English D10 but no-ones ever seen one.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROKMAN1445, Super