Lego and other brick brands.

22 Replies, 20132 Views

Hi all I didn't see a thread for Lego and other brick brands specifically so I thought I would start one, I have been into these world war II kits from various makers (not lego as lego don't do military) and thought I would show you guys/gals some of my builds so far (I don't love/condone war but I do find it fascinating especially the vehicle designs), please post up pics of you lego/non lego brick builds Smile

Cobi bricks Panzer I & Panzer II with lego clone ko minifigs:

Kazi bricks Panzer VI Tiger tank I

Mega Bloks Sherman tank

[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ActionChugger, sunhuntin, Super
(06-13-2016, 01:14 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: I have been into these world war II kits from various makers (not lego as lego don't do military)

This may surprise you, but that statement is actually somewhat debatable. In the Toy Story theme, they had a set that depicted the Army Men from the film series.

[Image: 51AliyTaTXL.jpg]

Not sure of any other examples of LEGO military sets that were sold in stores.
There are numerous lego sets which can almost be classed as military like the toy story one above although they are all strictly fiction based, like the Indiana Jones sets featuring German vehicles and soldiers, Pirates of the Caribbean sets that feature British navy ships and soldiers. Also the entire Starwars series of sets. There were some more but they don't spring to mind haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Very cool, (as I am watching the beginning of Saving Private Ryan) Are any of those tanks motorized or can they be?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Cobi do make a couple of RC tank sets, I don't have first hand experience with them though
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(06-13-2016, 09:14 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Cobi do make a couple of RC tank sets, I don't have first hand experience with them though

You're correct. If you wish to see what they do and how they operate, BeanMeister22 showed them in a video of his:

[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(06-13-2016, 08:41 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Not sure of any other examples of LEGO military sets that were sold in stores.
I used to love the Toy Story series. I had that set, and the stea engine set from the beginning of the third Toy Story.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[Image: YWrKZBO.jpg]
[Image: glCLYeG.jpg]

Thought I would post these here, as I have a serious lego problem....
[-] The following 3 users Like Starworld101's post:
  • Ksthomas209, sunhuntin, Ucwepn
i spent last week slowly building the new cinderella castle set. all up, it cost me $626NZD, and the case to go over it will be just under $300NZD.

[Image: P1040166.jpg]

ive spent more on lego than thomas this year, with another $400 box of stuff coming from lego.com in the next few weeks.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Ksthomas209, Ucwepn
@Starworld101
Those ships look great are they a complete set?

@Sunhuntin
Wow, that castle looks huge. How many pieces is that? The instruction book must be huge too. Does the characters come with it too?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]