Sodor Expansion

13 Replies, 15610 Views

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Attached Files
.jpg   sodorexpansiontomy.JPG (Size: 52.36 KB / Downloads: 106)
[-] The following 5 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • emilyfan101, HankAmericanEngine, Super, thehsvdude, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Very nice Gerisplarail1. Box almost looks like a Trackmaster but I see the Tomy logo on the bottom. Since you aren't that mich into Thomas any more like us you might want to do what we have done with all out troublesome trucks. If the face is a sticker then soak the whole car in hot soapy water for a while then most of the sticker face should come off. Any glue residue left can easily be taken care of with some Goo-B-Gone then rewash the whole thing. We have bought many troublesome trucks in lots on Ebay and now have quite the fleet of a couple dozen unmarked gondolas. Is that a black one?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Also I thought most members of this site knew, but I am anti-mod, the closest I get to modifying my Tomy trains is replacing a broken coupler with an official Tomy replacement Smile

I do not Modify things that I think are perfect just the way they are.
All my trucks have been defaced...... Let's not spoil a good item of rolling stock with a face!!!! It's only a sticker and if it's in a rake behind a a train with no face it's got to match right? Not only that my OCD self hates that if you have a mixed wagons in your train, some have faces and some don't, ie most brakevans are without, all oil tankers are without, as are flatbed trucks. Get the face whipped off then they all match,
im with geris here... the only time i mod or make any major changes are if they are duplicates [how many annies and clarabels does one need?] or are already damaged. mostly i remove the couplers if they are still ok and toss the rest in for parts.

if i buy a loco and wagons as a set, thats how they stay. heck, i dont even like running rolling stock behind the "wrong" engine or adding extras to make a long train. just seems to create an itch that refuses to leave until ive corrected it. Huh
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine
Everyone's OCD works differently, the sets don't mean much to me..... Although if your running thomas you need to run Annie and Clarabelle. But that's as far as it goes, my problem with the sets is you never get enough rolling stock to make a good train, heck if you buy a train you only get one or two items of rolling stock and they don't always go with the train (ie you might want your train to pull carriages) for example the Old James set you get one cattle truck, what use is that? You never see a train with x1 truck, I wanted my James to pull carriages so I bought x4 from eBay, I've no idea what set they came from originally but I do know they look like Annie & clarabelle just in different colours. If you want a long rake of similar rolling stock you've got to be prepared to seperate sets and to be honest I don't think much thought goes into the sets, instead if doing multipacks of the same type they insist on mixing the types. I'd much prefer a set that comes with say x6 trucks or x3 box cars or even x3 matching carriages
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
(07-21-2014, 04:46 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: I will be receiving this today anyone interested in an unboxing video?

I sure am!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 2 users Like Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine
Count me as interested. Even though we aren't in to the Thomas stuff, I do like watching unboxing and first run videos of all of these trains and accessories. Helps me learn more about making videos and to see whats out there. You never know...I may want to deface or customize something [Image: evil-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 04:06 AM by Gerisplarail1.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard