Is Powerful Angry Gordon Really this Rare?

28 Replies, 30601 Views

Is Powerful Angry Gordon really this Rare? Its Funny, This seller listed this for $300 on the first day, raised it to $400 on the second day, then on the third day raised the price to $500.

Ebay Powerful Gordon
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That's the first time I've seen him on eBay. Below there I saw Donald
and Douglas for 60$. And Stepney for 8.99. I know hes rare, but not 500$ kind of rare. I could see 80 or even 100 if he were pushing it, but five hundred bucks!?!? You should be getting a whole scrapyard of working Gordons!
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2014, 01:16 AM by ROCKINATOR.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
If that id the first time you have seen one then he must be very Rare indeed. Hmmm...Didn't Ucwepn get one recently and did Sunhuntin have something to do with that?
Yes Ucwepn got one recently... I saw the video, perhaps he'll give us a price guide on him.
ive bought one, and also bought another for ucwepn. both came from jauce. i didnt keep track of what mine cost, but ucwepns was somewhere around the $150NZD mark. was a while ago, so my numbers might be off.
since ive been using jauce, ive seen 3 or 4 powerful gordons, so still quite rare even in japan, but easier to find there than on ebay, lol. both sellers said he was only sold in 2001.
by comparision i saw one or the other scottish twin with a snowplow, and havent seen once since. didnt realise he was also rare, so the chance slipped by.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Wow. Out of my price league, that's for sure. If I got one he'd end up in a display case on a shelf watching the rest of the trains run. My luck first run he'd break something.
they are expensive, but i feel they are worth it. by comparison, trackmaster alfie would be harder to find. the only one ive seen on ebay went for over $400NZD.

yes, both mine and wepns are off-track. mines been run once with me for a demo video, and wepns i think ran once with me and once with him. not sure where his is, but mine is in a case with my metallic thomas/annie/clarabel set and tomix n scale set.

poor photo, sorry, but heres mine. hes at the back of the case due to the attached coupling. couldnt do much else with him. his coach is just off to the side, and the container on top is how i transport the n scale ones around.
[Image: GEDC1754.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2014, 07:48 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Thats a very nice case Sunhuntin. Certainly helps keep the dust off for sure.
thanks, super. it was originally bought for a scale model harley-davidson, then it housed rare pixar cars diecasts until they got removed for gordon to live in. the little clear boxes i got from my last job and they held thumbtacks and stuff.
Are Annie and Clarabel metallic as well? With my steam thomas, I was originally going to strip him for the shell, to get a metallic finish thomas, face and the more detailed coach set. But I fixed him! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 12:35 PM by ROCKINATOR.)