Wobbly wheeled troublesome trucks

15 Replies, 15260 Views

Is anyone familiar with the troublesome trucks with the offset centered wheels that actually wobble side to side and kinda bobs up an down as they're pulled along???
I have only ever come across one...
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 11:06 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
I actually thought we had a thread on the wobbly trucks but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was on the other Forum before we moved to this site.

Anyway, I believe the experts know which set (1 or 2) the wobbly truck came with as I can't remember. Here is a picture of ours as we love them for a whole wobbly train ride. Also notice we aren't into faces and they have all been removed.

[Image: 001_zps9acf0f66.jpg]

[Image: 004_zpsca7a932d.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, plarailfan
Howdy Super and Muddy Poppins!

Those wobbly trucks came in a variety of sets, and colours, from Plarail! To be honest, I don't ever remember that the trucks' loads could be removed from them; some sets and packs that included these were the Plarail Forward-and-Reverse Thomas set with the Sodor Search and Rescue Center, Percy and the Wagons set(included first Plarail release of non-motorized Rocky), a second release of the Pounding Mountain set, and a few other sets whose names elude me at the moment.

Hope this helps!
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
The cargo on the back and go thomas set cannot be removed. I'm pretty sure, anyway.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
the trackmaster "thomas makes a mess" comes with wobbly trucks as well.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(01-11-2015, 12:31 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: the trackmaster "thomas makes a mess" comes with wobbly trucks as well.

Actually, that set only came with one wobbly troublesome truck, the other troublesome truck is just a normal one. I used to own the pack before I lost it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes marclovestrainz's post:
  • Super
Sounds like another easy custom piece I could 3D print - off-centered wheels so you can modify the standard trucks lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • marclovestrainz, MuddyPoppins, Super
I have a wobbly troublesome truck
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(04-05-2019, 10:17 PM)Nigels Wrote: Sounds like another easy custom piece I could 3D print - off-centered wheels so you can modify the standard trucks lol!

You sir, are a freakin' GENIOUS!
[-] The following 2 users Like marclovestrainz's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes Nigels that would be very easy project, with huge potential to satisfy a very large demographic!
How about a wobbly wheeled express coach?
Maybe sell them as loose 4 wheel sets, or pre-made pairs of 2 that are already on axles.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super